Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Chapter 514

~ I CAN’T DIE ON YOUR HANDS ~ 

The old man lowered his head and knelt on the ground without a word.

Yue Wang walked up to him and squatted down to look at him. “Luo Kun, tell me exactly what happened back then!”

The old man, Luo Kun, raised his head. “Your Royal Highness, please listen to my words of advice. Do not pursue the truth of what happened back then. It’s good for you to leave the truth behind.”

Yue Wang’s face became colder and colder. “You are getting older, and I don’t want to torture you. Thus, I will ask you again, what exactly happened that year?”

Luo Kun raised his eyelids, “Your Royal Highness, when you know the truth, you’ll regret it in the future.”

“Whether I regret it or not is my business. You don’t need to worry about it. You only need to tell me the truth about what happened that year!”

Luo Kun carefully examined his face. After a long while, he shook his head and said, “No, I won’t say anything.”

Yue Wang’s eyes flashed with killing intent as he suddenly stood up and pulled out his long sword. His sleeves brought about a fierce wind as the weapon flashed with a cold light and struck straight at Luo Kun’s throat, “If you don’t say it, I will kill you, and then you will fall into the hell forever with those truths!”

“No,” Luo Kun, who had an indifferent expression, suddenly dodged backward and stumbled to the ground, “Your Royal Highness, I have committed countless sins in this life. Isn’t killing me the same as dirtying your hands? When Your Royal Highness leaves, I will commit suicide. I will not live for even a moment longer. Please rest assured, Your Royal Highness. ”

Yue Wang’s expression remained indifferent, and the long sword in his hand moved forward again. “The Luo family’s Patriarch is notorious for his treachery. Back then, all the six aristocratic families were killed, but only you survived unharmed until nowIt can be seen just how skilled you are. Do you think I would believe you?”

“Your Royal Highness, I will absolutely not lie to you. When Your Royal Highness leaves, I will immediately die. However, I cannot die at Your Royal Highness’ hands.”

“Since you’re going to die anyway, what’s the difference between dying at my hands and someone else’s hands?”

“I was originally a deeply sinned person. Even if I were died by a thousand cuts, it would still be difficult for me to redeem the sins on my own body. However, I can’t let Your Royal Highness carry those … stigma.”

“If I kill you as a sinner, what is the stigma?”

“Your Royal Highness,” Luo Kun’s body trembled as he knelt on the ground. “Please listen to me, Your Royal Highness. I won’t harm you.”

Yue Wang frowned. He then raised his head and looked at the sky, “It’s already late. If I don’t go back now, Yunyao will be worried.” After he finished speaking, he thrust the sword forward. It was about to pierce into Luo Kun’s throat.

Luo Kun’s face turned pale with fright as he struggled to retreat. “Your Royal Highness … Your Royal Highness …” He gripped the sword tightly with both hands. His fingers were almost cut off by the blade as the blood immediately dripped down.

Luo Kun took the sword from Yue Wang’s hands and placed it across his neck. “Your Royal Highness, the sins of this life cannot be repaid. I am willing to suffer eternal torture in hell. If I am lucky enough to be reincarnated, I will turn into a bull and horse to atone for my sins in this life. Your Royal Highness, the truth of the past is no longer important. You should cherish the present and live a good life with Princess Wenxian.”After speaking, he slashed the long sword across and cut his throat directly, falling to the ground with a loud thud.

Yue Wang abruptly took two steps back. When he saw Luo Kun’s body was bleeding profusely, he couldn’t help but feel that it was particularly dazzling.

Wei Yi and Yun Chun, who had heard the commotion at the door, hurriedly walked in, “Master, are you alright?”

Yue Wang stared at Luo Kun’s corpse, the coldness surrounding his body oppressing people’s hearts. After a long while, he slowly restrained his aura and said, “Take him down and cremate him for burial.”

“Yes.”

Mu Yunyao hadn’t seen Yue Wang return for a long time, so she leaned on the window and waited. She was exhausted during the day, so she couldn’t help but fall asleep as she lingered and waited.

Yue Wang returned to the courtyard with a frown. When he saw that Luo Kun had refused to speak of the truth until he died, the hatred and anger he felt in his heart grew even more intense, making his eyes turn red involuntarily. He just sensed that the bloody aura brought by Luo Kun’s death was lingering at the tip of his nose for a long time.

The unswerving determination in his brows deepened as Yue Wang moved faster and faster. His clothes flapped in the wind as he walked. Luo Kun’s performance today convinced him even more that there was another secret about his mother’s death that year. However, he still felt frustration in his heart for no reason.

Unknowingly, he had arrived outside of Mu Yunyao’s room. Warm candlelight seeped out from the door and the window, causing his furious mood to become slightly pacified. He pushed open the door and walked in, his steps very light.

Mu Yunyao was sprawled on the table by the window, her hair scattered to the side of her body, making her look very delicate.

Yue Wang took slow steps forward and was about to take the cloak from the side to help cover her, but he saw Mu Yunyao abruptly awaken.

“Fourth Master?” Mu Yunyao was a light sleeper, so she woke up when she heard the slightest movement. After discovering it was Yue Wang, she let go of her defenses.

“Did I wake you up?”

Mu Yunyao smiled as she shook her head. “I’m fine. But what happened at the Yihe River? Why are Fourth Master back so late?”

“I ran into a person and was delayed for a while.”

Mu Yunyao sized up Yue Wang before her smile suddenly froze. “Fourth Master’s clothes....”

Yue Wang lowered his head to look at the hem of his robes, and a drop of blood was imprinted on it. He hadn’t noticed it at all before. Looking at the bloodstain, the image of Luo Kun on the verge of death appeared in his mind. He couldn’t help but feel restless in his heart.

Mu Yunyao felt that something was wrong with Yue Wang’s mood. She hurriedly stood up and walked over to hold his hand. “Fourth Master, what’s wrong with you?”

Yue Wang suddenly pulled Mu Yunyao into his embrace, a hint of weakness appearing on his usually resolute forehead. “Yunyao, I’ve seen Luo Kun.”

“Luo Kun?” Mu Yunyao thought carefully for a while, but she had no impression of this person.

“Many years ago, the Luo Family, which Luo Kun belonged to, was the leader of the six aristocratic families. The aristocratic family had a huge influence and had control of the government, caused the imperial power to be threatened. Although Imperial Aunt and Imperial Father have suppressed it several times, the status and power of the aristocratic family were still not small. Imperial Mother was born into the Wei family from the last of the six aristocratic families.”

Hearing Yue Wang’s words, Mu Yunyao suddenly thought of the cause of Empress Wei’s death. “Your Royal Highness, did you find Luo Kun to ask about what happened to the Empress at the Imperial Palace?”

“That’s right. However, Luo Kun didn’t say anything.” Yue Wang carefully controlled his strength, afraid he would use too much force to hug Mu Yunyao, “Yao’er, why did Imperial Aunt advise me not to search for the truth? Why is it that Luo Kun would rather die than explain....”

Mu Yunyao opened her mouth and felt waves of anxiety and anger coming from Yue Wang’s body. She couldn’t help but reach out and stroke his back, “When Fourth Master was determined to investigate this matter to find out the truth, didn’t you already anticipate this kind of situation? When I looked into my own background, I experienced so many obstacles. Not to mention the truth Fourth Master wanted to investigate.”

Yue Wang paused slightly.

Mu Yunyao continued, “The Empress is the mother of a nation. She is involved in the death of ten princes in the Palace and the mystery of the six aristocratic families’ annihilation ... The matter’s scope was fearsome. If you want to find out the thruth, it will be even more difficult. However, the Fourth Master that I know isn’t such a weak person. If you want to investigate, you will eventually find out.”

Mu Yunyao’s gentle voice that carried a hint of a smile flowed to the side of his ear, slowly soothing the violence and anxiousness in his heart. “Yao’ er, it’s great to have you.”

Mu Yunyao couldn’t help but laugh, “Fourth Master still has the mood to tease me. It seems that you’ve already thought it through?”

“Yes, no matter how cruel the truth was, no matter how many difficulties I encounter in the investigation, I will do everything in my power to find out the truth of the matter.”

“Alright, I will accompany Fourth Master.”

If you like what I do, please consider to donate our website to show your support, so I can try my best to update you regularly. Thank you. ☕️💕

2 comments:

  1. Awww… Yunyao wifey to the rescue! 😩

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now we have to wonder how many hundreds of chapters its going to be before he learns the truth.

    ReplyDelete