Monday, August 15, 2022

Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Chapter 539

~ THE BLOOD BLADE COMES OUT, AND THE EDGE SHOWS ~ 

In the Imperial Palace, the Emperor looked at the report in his hand and remained silent for a long time. After a long time, he instructed Xu Li softly, “Go and invite Grand Princess Yi De over.”

“Yes, this servant will go now.”

When Grand Princess Yi De entered the hall and saw the expression on the Emperor’s face, her heart was worried. “What happened to the Emperor?”

“Imperial Elder Sister, take a look at this imperial report.”

Grand Princess Yi De took the report, glanced at it, and tightly knitted her eyebrows. “Jin Wang is the one who organized the beggars....”

“Imperial Elder Sister, I didn’t think Third Son would... he...” Upon seeing Grand Princess Yi De, the taut string in the Emperor’s heart suddenly snapped, and his entire being instantly aged. While supporting himself on the table, his face turns green.

Grand Princess Yi De hurriedly stepped forward to support the Emperor and instructed Xu Li. “Why are you standing there foolishly for? Why aren’t you going to call the Imperial Physician?”

“Yes.”

Xu Li hastily invited the Imperial Physician over. It had been more than two hours since he’d had his treatment and drank the medicine.

The worried look could be seen on Grand Princess Yi De’s face as she sat on the edge of the bed and looked at the pale-faced Emperor. “Your Majesty, if your children are not living up to expectations, punish and teach them properly. Why make fun of your own body? Why don’t you instruct Xu Li to call an imperial physician if you feel uncomfortable? If I do not enter the Palace today, will you stay to suffer like this? The Dali Dynasty needs you, and everyone in the world needs you even more. Even if it’s for the sake of the common people, the Emperor can’t do this.”

The Emperor closed his eyes, raised his hand, and pounded his chest. “Imperial Elder Sister, have I failed too much?”

“Why would the Emperor think this way? At that time, there were many aristocratic families in the Dali Dynasty, the imperial power declined, and the country’s internal power was seriously compromised. The Emperor destroyed all six aristocratic families along the way to consolidate the imperial power so that the Dali Dynasty developed to the present day and became prosperous. Now, which citizen doesn’t praise you as an enlightened ruler, so how could you fail?”

“I have always invited famous teachers from all over the world to teach a few princes wholeheartedly. But look at it, the Eldest, Junling, still relies on the Li family for everything. Once he ascends to the Emperor, the Li family is bound to grow bigger. At that time, it was not certain that there would be another family chaos. Junjin is cold-hearted. This time, the disaster in the Jiangnan River came entirely from his handwriting. Moreover, he didn’t consider the Dali Dynasty’s interests and only thought about his self-interest. Imperial Elder Sister, the beggar’s case was also the work of Junjin. He used this method to transport the tax silver to the Capital.… cough cough ….”

“Please calm your anger, Your Majesty. Drink some water to calm down your anger.” Grand Princess Yi De brought him some warm water to drink, then gently patted his back.

“Imperial Elder Sister, I feel a chill in my heart....”

“Even if Junling and Junjin are not good enough, wouldn’t there still be Junyu and Junyue?”

“Junyu’s personality was too straightforward. His courage was lacking due to his lack of ingenuity. He could be the commander of the troops, but it was difficult for him to take charge of a country. As for Junyue, he.… I had harmed him. Had he not lived alone in the Cold Palace for 12 years, had he not been sent to the west of Guangdong for seven or eight years, his character might not have been this way. Imperial Elder Sister, it is only now that I realize that none of my sons can take on any big responsibilities! Imperial Elder Sister, what should I do?”

The Emperor gritted his teeth slightly, and his face was full of pain.

“Your Majesty was too pessimistic. Although Junling’s actions were somewhat biased, if we were to teach him properly, he would be able to accomplish anything. Junyu’s personality was straightforward, but he could understand people well and take responsibility. The jobs you confided in him were all good. Junjin’s personality is eccentric, but his good footing is not hopeless. As for Junyue, although his personality was cold and he didn’t say it out loud, he was particularly concerned about family and relationships in his heart. He was also a good kid. Since they are currently unsuitable to carry out such a heavy responsibility, the Emperor should take good care of his body, carefully teach the few princes, and choose the most suitable candidate among them.”

Hearing this, the sad Emperor felt slightly better and said, “Imperial Elder Sister, I’m afraid that Junjin’s character will not change. Although I have concerns about the prestige of the Imperial family and don’t want to announce the truth about the Linjiang River wall-breaking case to the world, I can’t shield Junjin any longer. I will completely lock him up when he returns to the Ministry of Work and will no longer have any more mercy for him. As for Junling, I...”

“Your Majesty,” Grand Princess Yi De interrupted him loudly, “you have always had a sense of decency regarding matters of the Imperial Court. As the Grand Princess, I can’t help you with that. However, Yao’er knows some medical skills, so let her enter the Palace another day to help you recuperate your body. The meals made by Yanhan are also very delicious, and you can have a taste.”

Sensing the hidden intentions in Grand Princess Yi De’s words to avoid suspicion, the Emperor laughed bitterly. “Imperial Elder Sister, you are always like this. As a sibling, no matter who I suspect, I won’t suspect you.”

“I know what the Emperor thinks, but I need to pay attention. Even the Imperial Harem cannot interfere in this matter, much less me, the Grand Princess.”

After venting his anger, the Emperor’s mood improved a lot, “Imperial Elder Sister, I know you don’t like to live in the Palace, but now that my body is in bad condition, I feel that there are a lot of things I can’t do. Thus, Imperial Elder Sister will bring Yan Han and Yao’er to live in Yuhua Palace. First, Yao’er will help me recuperate my health. Then, when I have some words in my heart to say to Imperial Elder Sister, it’s also convenient.”

“Alright.” Grand Princess Yide agreed.

The Emperor took off the dragon pendant in his hand and gently placed it in front of Grand Princess Yi De. “Imperial Elder Sister, I have used the Shadow Guard again after so many years.”

The look in Eldest Princess Yi De’s eyes slightly trembled. “I believe that the Emperor has his sense of propriety.”

While holding the dragon pendant, the Emperor’s eyes turned red, “The last time I used it was to kill the six aristocratic families to avenge Rou’er. This time, I used it to investigate my son. I feel heartache, Imperial Elder Sister.”

Grand Princess Yi De held the Emperor’s hand, and her eyes were full of comfort. “Your Majesty, no matter how much you say it, it is useless. I want to tell you one thing the Dali Dynasty still needs you.”

The Emperor was startled and nodded heavily. “Alright, I understand. However, Imperial Elder Sister was the one who built the Shadow Guard at the beginning and handed them over to me later. After you handed it over, you repeatedly warned me that the Shadow Guard was too dangerous if frequently used. But now, I’m too old to stop the fighting of several princes. This Blood Blade is the only way to intimidate the entire Imperial Court. However, I was worried that my authority was too great and that I would end up being muddled later because of my suspicion and my desire to kill. Hence, I asked Imperial Elder Sister to take back the Dragon Pendant.”

“Your Majesty, this is impossible... ” The Grand Princess Yi De hurriedly shook her head.

“Imperial Elder Sister, don’t tell me that you’re not even willing to help me anymore?” The Emperor held Grand Princess Yi De’s hand, his eyes filled with tears. “Back then, when Imperial Elder Sister held my hand and asked me if I had any intention of taking the world. I answered, yes! Imperial Elder Sister said she would give her heart and strength to protect me and help me ascend to the throne! In the end, Imperial Elder Sister fulfilled her promise. Still, she withdrew swiftly and bravely, handing the power in her hands to me instantly without hesitation or reluctance. How much trust did you have in me? For so many years, I have been thinking about it in my heart, and I will remember the kindness of Imperial Elder Sister in my heart...”

Grand Princess Yi De’s face was a bit dizzy. “After so many years, why does the Emperor still say those old things?”

“Imperial Elder Sister, help me one more time. I have been working hard my whole life for the Dali Dynasty. Even if I’m going to die, I must cultivate a qualified heir before I die. I can’t let unworthy descendants ruin the painstakingly managed Dali Dynasty.”

Grand Princess Yi De looked at the dragon pendant in the Emperor’s hands and slowly extended her hand to receive it. “Alright, I promise you.”

The Emperor was pleased. “Thank you, Imperial Elder Sister.”

“Between you and me, a sibling, there is no need to thank each other.” “Alright.”

If you like what I do, please consider to donate our website to show your support, so I can try my best to update you regularly. Thank you. ☕️💕

3 comments:

  1. The emperor is quite an inept father. Since he thinks none of his sons is qualified to be an emperor, he should just confer Yunyao. 😅😝

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto!! My thoughts exactly! Three cheers for Empress Yunyao!

      Delete
  2. Seeing as the destruction of the noble families was to get revenge for the Empress, I'm starting to suspect Yue Wang was conceived through a forced relationship rather than the Empress taking a lover.

    ReplyDelete