Thursday, November 12, 2020

Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Chapter 209

~ LI YUANYI HAD A SUDDEN THOUGHT ~
 
Mu Yunyao smiled and said, “It’s already April, and it’s only a few days until the Dragon Boat Festival. The people in Jingling City have been taking great care of me, so I wanted to take advantage of the Dragon Boat Festival to thank the people in Jingling City.” Li Munian has an interest in his eyes. He knew about what had happened in Jingling City before, and he had also heard of the great name of Ni Yun Fang and Bu Xian Luo. The scene of the Laba porridge festival in Jingling City was grand, and it was even drawn by Grandmaster Li Chong and delivered to the Emperor through the hands of Grand Princess Yi de. If Mu Yunyao made any influential movement this time, he naturally had to participate. Once news of this spread to the Emperor’s ears, it could increase the number of chips he had on his side.

“How does Miss Mu wish to thank the people in Jingling City?” There was still some time before the Dragon Boat Festival. If she were to ask now, it would mean that she needed a long time to prepare. In that case, the scene would definitely not be small.

“The custom of the Dragon Boat Festival is all that matters. Since I want to thank the common people on this day, naturally, I can only give them some rice and dumplings. After all, this is the most practical way for the common people.”

“Indeed, how much does Miss Mu intend to send away?”

“During this period of time, Ni Yun Fang and Bu Xian Luo had made some silver. I am going to put out one hundred thousand taels of silver. I’ve basically taken out all of the profits I earned previously.”

Li Munian had guessed that Mu Yunyao’s movements were not small, but he didn’t expect her to be this big. “One hundred thousand taels of silver?” In a place like Jingling City, where natural calamities had occurred, the government had allocated several hundred thousand taels of silver for disaster relief. Now that she had suddenly offered a hundred thousand taels of silver, the people in Jingling City would go crazy with joy.

Li Yuanyi could not help but answer, “Miss Mu, it’s not easy for you to manage Ni Yun Fang and Bu Xian Luo. Not to mention how hard it is for you to earn some silver taels. Do you not feel any pain in your heart to take them out so easily?”

Mu Yunyao lowered her eyes and lightly smiled, a little embarrassed on the surface. “Speaking of which, I don’t simply want to thank the common people, but more of it is to gain a good reputation for myself.”

Hearing Mu Yunyao expresses her thoughts so plainly, Li Yuanyi’s gaze became even more surprised. “As far as I know, there is no one in Jingling City who does not know of Miss Mu’s reputation. Even Emperor praises Miss mu, but in my opinion, there is no need to be so harsh on yourself.”

Just now, the teacup that Ming Yin had brought to Li Yuanyi spilled and leaving nothing in front of him. Mu Yunyao walked behind the table used for making tea, and as she replied, she started to brewing tea, “My Lord, you are an official, so you don’t know what we businessmen think. If you think I have a good reputation is for myself, but it’s only my selfish thought. Cai Yue Pavillion had closed down all over the country because of its owner’s involvement. I thought, without Cai Yue Pavilion, it would be inconvenient for many people to order clothes. If Ni Yun Fang could take advantage of the opportunity, wouldn’t it be a beautiful thing? That’s why I wanted to gain a good reputation. When Ni Yun Fang wants to open up in other places, I guess the resistance I would encounter would be less.”

Li Munian let out a laugh. “Miss Mu is quite frank.”

“In front of you two Lords, I do not dare to lie and act rashly. Furthermore, with my little thoughts, Milord would be able to guess it even if I did not say it.” As she spoke, the teacup in Mu Yunyao’s hand had covered, then she stood up to bring it to Li Yuanyi. The more he watched, the more he became addicted. She carries blue porcelain floating flower teacup, with her fingertips as white as jade, which makes people unable to shift their gaze away from her. When she put down the teacup, they were able to see her look even more clearly. Her complexion was as white as condensed oil, and even at such a close distance, they were unable to see her the slightest flaw. There was a fresh and deep scent all over her body that made it seem as if the fragrance of flowers was not as fragrant as her body. When he wanted to savor it carefully, he found that the beauty was already far away, causing him to stand up immediately.

Li Munian was pondering over Mu Yunyao’s words when he noticed Li Yuanyi’s movements. He frowned, “Uncle, you haven’t even sipped tea. Do you want to return to the government office?”

Li Yuanyi suddenly came back to his senses and realized that Mu Yunyao was looking at him with a strange expression. He immediately became annoyed and almost yelled out to the beauty, “I’ve always heard of Miss Mu’s reputation before, but was unlucky enough to meet her. Seeing her today, I can’t help but be excited. Please forgive me.”

“It’s fine. Lord is too polite.” Mu Yunyao hurriedly shook her head before turning her gaze towards Li Munian, “Lord Li, is it possible to do what I’ve said?”

“The young lady is kind-hearted, so it is natural to give great support to such good things. However, these hundred thousand taels of silver aren’t small. It wouldn’t be easy for the young lady to exchange it for food and distribute it to the common people in the City. Buying food in large quantities would consume a lot of energy, so you have to think about it carefully.” “It’s too specific, and I don’t have a constitution, so I came to ask Lord Li. Earlier, when I served porridge, it was actually my adoptive father who was in charge. I only paid a few taels of silver and gained some glory. If Lord Li had a specific constitution, I would have sent the silver taels to your residence.” Mu Yunyao said that as if she was aware of something wrong with her words, and her face was even more bashful. “Look at what I’m saying. It’s as if I’m deliberately trying to be hiding something. They also have a lot of helpers in Ni Yun Fang and Bu Xian Luo. At that time, if the Lord needs help, I’ll definitely do my best.”

Li Yuanyi could not help but open his mouth and say, “Don’t worry, Miss. we are naturally supportive of such good things. We will come up with a specific plan to discuss with you in the next two days. What do you think?”

Mu Yunyao couldn’t help but smile, “This is natural for the best. Thank you for your hard work, my Lords.”

“How can there not be any hard work? For such a good thing, we officials naturally would like to have a few more.” Under Mu Yunyao’s clear gaze, Li Yuanyi felt as if his entire being was floating, “Nephew, what do you think?” Li Munian has long been aware of Li Yuanyi’s mind. If he isn’t in Bu Xian Luo, he would have scolded him directly. This Li Yuanyi was totally too perverted. Not to mention that Mu Yunyao was still young, just with her current status alone, she was not someone that he could provoke easily. He actually dared to have his thoughts go wary.

“I will settle this matter as soon as possible. I hope that Miss Mu will be at ease.”

Mu Yunyao nodded, “Since the two Lords are busy, I won’t disturb you any longer. I’ll take my leave now.”

Li Yuanyi could not help but want to say something but was held down by Li Munian on the shoulder. After Mu Yunyao left, Li Mu Nian stood up fiercely and said with a gloomy expression, “Uncle, Mu Yunyao has been praised by the Emperor many times, and now she has become the adopted daughter of Cao Yunnian and Lady Jin. She has Ni Yun Fang and Bu Xian Luo behind her, so her influence is not comparable to the ordinary legitimate daughters of the family in the Capital. Furthermore, judging from her intelligent nature, she is definitely not the kind of person who would easily suffer a loss. No matter what you have in mind, you have to hold it down.”

Li Yuanyi frowned. “Nephew, what you said is biased. No matter what, I am the First Prince’s uncle and can regard me as a relative of the Emperor. If Miss Mu has the heart, it would not be an insult to her.”

“Uncle, at your age, you’re more than enough to be my father!”

Li Yuanyi’s face darkened after he heard that, “Nephew’s words are too harsh.”

“What I said was the truth. Uncle, don’t forget, your objective here is to check out the salt tax this time. If you delay these matters, don’t blame Father for personally coming to interrogate you! It’s getting late. We should go.” After Li Munian finished speaking, he walked out. Li Yuanyi followed him out of the Bu Xian Luo and found an excuse to leave the government office alone. After strolling around the government office for a while, he turned around and returned.

2 comments: