Friday, November 20, 2020

Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Chapter 215

~ GOLDEN DOLL MU YUNYAO ~ 

Liu Liang quickly returned to Jingling City with the banknotes. Mu Yunyao was in the middle of her room, pruning a pot of dwarf pine. Listening to Jin Lan’s words about Liu Liang’s return, the scissors in her hand became unstable and cut off a short branch of the dwarf pine, but she didn’t care. She just threw the scissors to the side and quickly said, “Let’s Liu Liang come in.” 

He walked in with long strides and bent his knees to pay his respects to Mu Yunyao, “Greetings, Misstress. The matter has progressed smoothly.” 

Mu Yunyao stood up. Despite her calm state of mind, she couldn’t help but blush from excitement, “ Have you brought the item back?”

“Yes.” He took off the rucksack from his back, revealing an exquisite wooden box. The box was so large and looked quite heavy.

Mu Yunyao let Jin Lan and Jin Qiao withdraw before opening the box. Seeing that it was full of silver notes, her smile became even more radiant. “This is great. It is really great.” Silver can make the ghost push the mill. With so much silver, she could even make the millstone drive the spirit away!

Seeing Mu Yunyao so happy, the expression on Liu Liang’s face softened. “Mistress likes silver very much?”

Mu Yunyao picked up a stack of banknotes and looked at it carefully: “What I like isn’t silver, but the thing that’s backed by silver. In this world right now, without power, you have to have silver taels. If there is neither, it is difficult to live with ease.” Liu Liang did not understand what she meant, but he did not ask any further, “Mistress, Qi Ming is now staying at Yi Bao Xuan in Yangzhou City. After Li Yuanyi has checked the salt tax in Jingling City, he will rush to Yangzhou City. If he is exposed, I’m afraid it will implicate Mistress. Do you need me to seal his mouth?”

Unable to contain herself, Mu Yunyao chuckled at Liu Liang, “Didn’t you say that Qi Ming is a trustworthy person? Furthermore, he has been extremely thoughtful during this time. Now that he has helped me earn so much silver, doesn’t that mean that I am cruel and merciless if I wipe people out so easily?”

Liu Liang shook his head, “It’s me who will do it. It has nothing to do with Mistress” For Mistress’s sake, he is willing to wipe out all the dangers.

“Alright, we still can use Qi Ming. In the future, I will be pointing at him to help me earn more silver, and you don’t need to worry about Li Yuanyi’ matter. When he reaches Yangzhou City, he will not even be able to take care of himself, so how would he have the time to investigate anything else?” Mu Yunyao sneered, looked at the silver noted in the box. After glancing at the silver notes in the box, she locked the lid and put it aside, “Liu Liang, you have been traveling through the night this time. You have worked hard, so you should go and rest first. If there’s anything wrong, I’ll send someone to call for you.”

“Yes.”

After Liu Liang left, Mu Yunyao changed her clothes, got up, and went next door to see Yue Wang.

Inside the study room, Yue Wang saw the smile on Mu Yunyao’s face, and his expression couldn’t help but soften. “Liu Liang has returned?”

“Fourth Master, you are so well-informed. I assume that as soon as the incident in Yangzhou City was successful, you knew about it, right?”

Yue Wang understood that she was testing the depth of his influence in Jiangnan and did not hide it, “Hmm, now the salt merchants think that they have settled a matter of mind and are secretly celebrating. I wonder if they will still be able to laugh when Li Yuanyi arrives there?”

“Qi Ming is still in Jiangnan, so I asked Fourth Master to send some people to keep an eye on his safety. I’m afraid that when Li Yuanyi gets there, the salt merchants will tear him apart.”

Yue Wang couldn’t help but look over, seeing her smiling face, his lips raised: “Qi Ming has already helped you earn enough silver. Why is it that he hasn’t gone to other places to hide?”

Mu Yunyao’s smile became even fuller. “This is only earning me 10 million silver taels. If I casually bring out one or two salt merchants, it would not just be this amount. Naturally, I have to think of a way to cheat them.”

Yue Wang’s heart skipped a beat, “Ten million taels of silver?”

Mu Yunyao blinked her eyes and said with a smile, “Does Fourth Master feel that it’s incredible?”

“Indeed, the tax revenue of the entire Dali Dynasty is s only more than 50 million taels of silver in a year, and you have already extracted ten million silver taels from the salt merchants. How could it not be shocking?” At this moment, Yue Wang did not know how to describe the feelings in his heart. His first reaction actually was that he shouldn’t have signed the agreement. Otherwise, he would have been able to split some of it.

Steward Qin, who was waiting by the door, could not help but raise his eyebrows. He gritted his teeth tightly and did not make himself cry out in surprise: His original vision was as good as expected and was right back then. Lady Mu is a golden doll or made of solid pure gold.

It was rare to see this expression from Yue Wang, so Mu Yunyao couldn’t help but deepen her smile. “If anyone dares to gather all of Jiangnan’s salt merchants, then the silver can be said to be inexhaustible and limitless.”

Yue Wang squinted his eyes slightly, a profound look flashing across his eyes: “You said that you want to trick them again. Do you need my help?”

Mu Yunyao couldn’t help raising her eyes to look over. “Didn’t Fourth Master say before that you only wanted the batch of salt that we snatched away? Why you want to get involved in other places now too?”

“I can see that you’re working really hard. I only want to help you share the burden. Why be so cautious?”

“It would be best if you can help me out, Fourth Master. I can’t let him suffer any loss. How about I pay you silver taels to buy that batch of salt?”

“You want to buy the batch of salt that I robbed?”

“Yes, Fourth Master. If you send so much salt to the west of Guangdong, you’ll likely be exposed, so it’s safer to take the silver with you. However, there are salt merchants in Jiangnan who are staring at it, and it is quite hard to get rid of them. Why don’t I buy the salt in your hand according to the market price to save you more trouble?”

Yue Wang had been thinking about how to turn this batch of salt into cash. Now, Mu Yunyao had taken the initiative to propose it to him and still pay the silver according to the market price, which was naturally the best idea. But he always felt that there was something fishy about it. “This batch of salt is not easy to get rid of in my hand. It is also the same in your hand. It is not easy for you to earn so much silver. If you give it easily, you will not be afraid to suffer losses in the future?”

“Just now, Fourth Master tried to help me out, and now that I’ve helped you convert the salt into cash, it’s mutually beneficial. It doesn’t matter if I suffer a little loss because I can sell off that batch of salt sooner or later.”

Yue Wang gave a faint smile as he looked over: “Forget it, since you treat me with such sincerity, I can’t let you suffer any losses. I will slowly figure out a solution myself.”

Mu Yunyao shook her head somewhat regretfully: “I was still thinking of earning some silver from Fourth Master, but it seems I can’t make it anymore. I’ll be honest then. I’m going to spread the news of the salt merchants swapping the salt.”

Yue Wang’s eyebrows moved: “If that’s the case, I’m afraid that the entire Jiangnan would sink into turmoil. If the Imperial Court finds out and investigates about it, we might get implicated as well.”

“Normally, that would be the case. But what if the salt found before the news got out?”

“I got it. Do you want me to send this batch of salt back?”

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhhh.... great minds sure are in sync.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh we are fed with so much unintended dog food
    But I love how they have a tactic understanding
    Tank u for u hardwork waiting eagerly n impatiently for next update

    ReplyDelete