Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Chapter 338

~ THE SU FAMILY IS ON THE VERGE OF DISASTER ~ 

Yue Wang’s eyes suddenly lit up as the bright and beautiful rays of light instantly poured down onto Mu Yunyao’s body like sunlight. “I really like your incense stick before.” Mu Yunyao’s body no longer had the resistance and estrangement from before, so when he faintly spoke those intimate words, it made the beating heart in Yue Wang’s chest speed up even more.

Mu Yunyao nodded and quipped slyly, “Fourth Master, if you like it, I can get someone to send you some in the future so that you can have Yu Heng burn some on your clothes.”

Yue Wang originally wanted to refuse, but after seeing Mu Yunyao’s appearance, he couldn’t bear to open his mouth.

Seeing this, Mu Yunyao did not continue to joke, “There are no major injuries on Fourth Master’s body. Just change the dressing and recuperate properly in the future. I have finished copying the Buddhist scriptures and am preparing to pack up my things. I will return to the Su family residence tomorrow.”

When Mu Yunyao mentioned the Su family, the warm atmosphere in the room immediately dissipated.

A great disappointment flashed in Yue Wang’s heart, but business matters now more important. As long as Yunyao was willing to get close to him, they would have plenty of time to get along with each other in the future. “The Su family is in a tight line now. I’m afraid the Su family just waiting for you to go back and be punished.”

Mu Yunyao nodded her head, “En, Su Yuyi hates my guts to the bone. The Old Madam has always been a bystander. The one charging in is the Eldest Madam, and her methods cannot be underestimated.”

“Have you thought of a way to deal with it?”

“Before we came to Baohua Temple, there was a farce in front of the Su family’s residence. Old Wang Mama and Old Liu Mama, who were punished by me, both passed away at the same time, and their families came all the way to the front of the Su family’s residence.”

“Yes, I heard that you paid them 100 taels of silver each?”

“That’s right, Old Liu Mama’s son was still better off, and he was rather honest. However, Old Wang Mama’s son is a complete ruffian, so I sent people to take back the one hundred taels of silver. These few days, I kept sending people to beat him up, warning him not to speak carelessly. In addition he is in a rather difficult situation right now because he’s being forced to come by gambling debts.”

Yue Wang’s eyes moved: You want to use him to create some trouble for the Su family?

“The Su family views me as an enemy and has repeatedly attacked and harmed me. I naturally have to publicize the Su family’s great achievements properly. At this time, it should be time for Old Wang Mama’s son to make a ruckus in Shun Tian Manor.”

“Shun Tian Manor? Shun Tian’s Prefecture Commander, Shen Bingshu, was a righteous and upright man. Because he was born in a poor family, he has never been afraid of powerful people. He even dared to challenge Imperial Father once and assisted investigated the case of Huai’an Wang’s corruption, and he’s always been a busybody. Regardless of whether the big or small cases, he’s always liked to look into it personally. He has been sick several times, and Imperial Father was helpless to do anything about it. If you put the matter in front of him, it will be enough for the Su Family to have a headache for a while.”

“This is the first method. I’ve prepared a few other methods as well, and all I need to do is to wait for the Eldest Madam to be able to hold on....” The sweet bait had already been thrown out. Once the Eldest Madam bites the hook, she won’t be able to struggle free anymore.

“If you need my help, get someone to send a letter over at any time.” Although Yunyao seemed to have a complete plan in her mind, just in case, he also needs to make secret preparations so that he could help out at any time.

“Oh right, my mother has always been thinking about Fourth Master’s injuries. After hearing that we have to leave Baohua Temple tomorrow, she insisted on meeting and thanking you. I wonder if Fourth Master has time?”

Yue Wang, who had just relaxed, suddenly became nervous again: “Madam Su wants to see me? She still doesn’t know who I am. Would she think that I’m deliberately lying to her?”

“I don’t know about that. There are still a few things to pack in the room. I’ll go back first and come back to say goodbye to Fourth Master in the morning.”

After Mu Yunyao left, Yue Wang was somewhat anxious. After thinking for a while, he called Yu Heng in, “Madam Su wants to see me tomorrow, but I’ve concealed my identity before. Do you think Madam Su will blame me?”

Yu Heng thought for a moment and couldn’t help scratching his head. “Your Highness, Madam Su should be happier after knowing your identity, right?” The prince’s status was also very high. With him around, it would be much easier for Miss Mu to deal with the Su family.

Yue Wang looked at Yu Heng coldly and felt that it would be better to throw him back to Western Guangdong. “Write to inform Chief Steward Qin and have him come back to the Capital. Since I am not planning to return to Western Guangdong, then the Palace should be managed properly.”

“Yes, your subordinate will go now.”

In the Capital, Su Wenyuan had just returned from the Ministry of Public Affairs when he heard Shuntian’s Prefecture Commander, Shen Bingshu, came to visit him. He quickly ordered some people to lead him to the parlor and serve him good tea.

According to the rank of the officials, Shen Bingshu was one level lower than him, but Shun Tian Manor had a general view of the Capital’s affairs and has always had special status. Although he was a third rank official, he was no different from a proper official. Shen Bingshu also had always had a righteous personality, so no one was willing to provoke him.

Su Wenyuan walked out. When Shen Bingshu saw that, he stepped forward and greeted him: “Greetings, Lord Su.”

“Lord Shen, there is no need for you to be so courteous. May I know what business you have here?”

“Today, I accepted a case and the words involved Lord Su’s residence. So, I specifically came here to inquire a bit, and if there were any offenses, please forgive me, Lord Su.”

“The case involving my family?” Su Wenyuan frowned as his thoughts raced, “I don’t know what kind of case this is, and bother Lord Shen to make a special trip?”

“A man named Wang Zhu came to Shun Tian Manor to report the case. He claimed that someone had killed his mother, stole his money, and threatened his life.”

“I’ve never heard of this person. What does this have to do with my Su family?”

“You might not have heard of this Wang Zhu, but his mother was once a servant of the Su family. She was punished ten times by the stick before and then expelled from the Su family. Nine days later, she suddenly died.”

Su Wenyuan’s face remained unchanged: “I remember what Lord Shen said. He did make such a fuss. A few days ago, Wang Zhu went to the front of the Su family’s residence and wailed, saying that he did not have money for his mother’s funeral. My wife even got someone to give him a hundred taels of silver. At that time, he happily took the silver and left. Why is he reporting the Su family at the Shun Tian Manor now? Could it be that he is insatiably greedy and think that his money is too little?”

“One hundred taels of silver is not a small sum, and ordinary people would already be able to do dozens of business. Why would the Su family give so much silver?”

“At that time, I was not in the house. When I returned, I heard that it was my niece who comes forward to solve the problem. It was she who ordered to beat them and drive them out of the residence. Perhaps she suddenly heard that they died and felt bad, so she gave each of them a hundred silver taels to let them carry out the funeral.

“Of course. However, I have asked a few commoners. It is said that Miss Mu wanted to invite the doctor to investigate the specific cause of the death of Wang Mama and Liu Mama. It was your wife who stopped them from doing so. After that, Miss Mu had someone to take out two hundred silver taels and split it between two families.”

“People are not allowed to pass in front of the Su family’s residence. How can they know what is going on when they see it from a distance. It’s just a matter of fact. Lord Shen has been in charge of Shun Tian for so many years, so you should understand that what you hear from the hearsay is not evidence.” Su Wenyuan’s facial expression calm and definitely did not take Shen Bingshu’s words to heart at all.

“Indeed, but I have something here. I wonder if Lord Su has any impression of it?” As Shen Bingshu spoke, he took out a small plate from his sleeve with the words “Su Family” carved on it.

1 comment:

  1. Trying to set traps on Yaoyao? Not on your life, you bunch of peons! 😤

    ReplyDelete