Thursday, June 17, 2021

Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Chapter 353

~ HELP SU YOU SEE A DOCTOR ~

Mu Yunyao was in a good mood when they returned to Jiyue Pavilion. She had just sat down to drink a cup of tea when she heard Jin Lan come to report that Second Madam had arrived.

Mu Yunyao smirked and said, “Quickly go and invite Second Aunt in.”

The Second Madam soon walked in with a bright smile on her face. It was obvious that she was in a very cheerful mood.

Mu Yunyao stepped forward to pay her respects, but before she could kneel, the Second Madam helped her up, “Quickly sit down and rest. There’s no need to be so courteous. Have the wounds on your face healed?”

Mu Yunyao insisted on finishing her courtesies before sitting to the side, “Second Aunt is here, how can I not greet her? The wound on my face is all right now.”

The smile on Second Madam’s face grew wider. Seeing Mu Yunyao’s face with the bluish-purple palm imprint, she couldn’t help but sigh. “This bluish-purple looks very serious. How does it look like it’s okay? I’ve got a new bottle of cream here. It’s surprisingly useful in getting rid of these bruises. Let Jin Lan wipe them for you later.”

“Thank you, Second Aunt.”

“Don’t be so polite. I heard that something happened to you. Su You is very worried about you, but the weather has become cold some time ago, so she has contracted the wind and caught a cold. She can’t get up from her bed these days, so she can’t come to visit in person.”

“Elder Sister Su You is infected with the cold? I’ve been busy these past few days, so I actually didn’t know about this news. How about I go with Second Aunt to visit Elder Sister Su You?”

“Alright, that girl has always been thinking about you as a little sister! She used to be the youngest of the children in the this residence, but now that you’re here, she addicted to being an older sister. ”

Mu Yunyao raised the corner of her lips, “That’s great. I wish there were more older sisters.”

The Second Madam looked around and asked, “Where’s Sister Su Qing? Why don’t I see her? Is her throat better now?”

“Please forgive me, Second Aunt. My mother has just finished drinking the medicine and is resting. If she wants her throat to return to normal, I’m afraid she will need to rest for a while.”

“I’ve also heard about the fire at Baohua Temple. It’s said that several houses in a row were burnt down. It’s terrifying to hear that, and to be able to protect themselves from the fire is already a blessing from the heavens. Her voice can be slowly recuperated.”

“Yes. I’m sincerely glad too.”

“I can’t believe that those bastards have the courage to set fire in Baohua temple. after setting the fire, they fell down the cliff and fell to death by coincidence...” The Second Madam said. As she said, she looked up and carefully observed Mu Yunyao’s expression.

Mu Yunyao raised her eyes and smiled at the Second Madam, “There are many coincidences in this world, and few at best. As for the specifics situation, it still needs Lord Shen to thoroughly investigate them before we can discuss it.”

There were no outsiders in the room, so the Second Madam spoke with fewer scruples than before. “Yao’er, I know your mind is sharp and not like me. You are not like an ordinary woman. Even if I have the authority to manage the household, I don’t know how long I’ll be able to hold it in my hands.”

“What are you saying, Second Aunt? Since Grandmother has already given you the authority to manage the household, as long as she doesn’t open her mouth to take it back, you will naturally always be in charge of it.”

“It’s not that easy. After I got the authority to manage the household, I found out that this house had controlled by my eldest sister-in-law for more than ten years and has long governed like an iron bucket. I was only in charge of the keys to the house and look at the account books, so I can’t get into many affairs.”

Mu Yunyao’s eyes moved. “Grandmother assured and hand over the authority to manage to Second Aunt. Then naturally, everything will be decided by Second Aunt, and you has the final say. if you see that something doesn’t look too good, you can just give the order to change it.”

Since the person who has the authority to manage the household had changed, the staff underneath naturally has changed. If everything went according to the old rules, didn’t that mean the authority to manage the household is nominally in the hands of the Second Madam? But in fact, it is still controlled by the Eldest Madam.

The Second Madam gave a little smile and took a sip of her tea. “If it were any ordinary servant, I would have changed them. However, many of them are the old people under your grandmother, so naturally they can’t be easily traded.”

Mu Yunyao’s eyes trembled as her heart trembled. She focused her attention on the Eldest Madam and Su Yuyi, so it was inevitable for her to ignore the Old Madam. However, after thinking carefully about the matters in residence, it was not hard to see the Old Madam’s shadow.

In other words, most of the time, the Eldest Madam was a spear in the Old Madam’s hands. That seemingly good-natured old lady was the one who was truly unfathomable in residence.

“Yunyao, what’s the matter with you?”

“I suddenly thought of something, and it will make Second Aunt laugh. Since some old people cannot be moved, I’ll move first to the places that I can easily prompt. It’s not important to look at the details, but it can shake the foundation if there are more.

The Second Madam smiled. “Alright, just take your time. Look at me. Do you find it annoying to talk about all this stuff?”

“How could that be? To be able to talk more with Second Aunt, that’s what I wish for!” Mu Yunyao knew that this was Second Madam’s secret reminder to her, so she made a note of this favor. Next up, she’ll take it as a reward by helping Su You recuperate. “Second Aunt, I want to visit Elder Sister Su You. Do you know if it’s appropriate now?”

“What’s wrong with that? Let’s go to my place. I have a new tea set, and you’ll definitely like it.”

The West Courtyard was much more lively than before. Many servants came and went, waiting to listen to the Second Madam’s orders.

Just as she arrived at the door of Su You’s room, a burst of medicinal smell wafted over. The smell was slightly pungent and filled with bitterness.

Mu Yunyao followed the Second Madam into the room, and she heard the sound of a medicinal bowl being broken, followed by a wave of suppressed vomiting.

The Second Madam quickly went forward and caught Su You, who was beside the bed. Her expression was full of anxiety. Didn’t you feel better yesterday? Why are you so severe now? ”

The maidservants carried water basins, towels, and spittoons. It took some effort before they were able to help Su You sort them out.

Su You leaned against the Second Madam’s chest. His breathing was slow and weak, and her cheeks were a sickly red. She was so thin that it looked like she was just a skeleton. It was unbearable to look at her.

Because of her anxiety, beads of sweat appeared on the Second Madam’s forehead. At this moment, she was frowning deeply, worry and anxiousness overflowing from her face. After Su You’s breathing stabilized slightly, she slowly put her down and pulled a thick quilt over her.

“Yunyao, Su You’s situation is a bit worse today. I’m afraid I can’t even talk to you. It doesn’t feel good here, so I’ll send you out first and wait for her to recover some other day....”

Mu Yunyao frowned and walked up to Su You’s bed. She stretched out her hand to pull the brocade quilt away from Su You’s body. “Second Aunt, why you cover Elder Sister Su You with such a thick quilt? Isn’t she hot?”

The Second Madam hastily went forward and covered Su You with the quilt again.“The Imperial Physician has repeatedly told me that she could not catch a cold again, so I especially found a thick quilt for her. Su You was suffering from cold, so it would be faster for her to cover herself and sweat.”

Mu Yunyao reached out to grab the Second Madam’s wrist and pulled her away firmly, “Second Aunt treated Mother and me with sincerity, so I naturally want to return the favor. If you really are doing this for the good of Elder Sister Su You, why don’t you change it with a thin quilt.”

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if there's going to be more fire... I've got this giant bag of marshmallows, and a fine, sharpened stick to roast them with... Just waiting for some more heat.

    ReplyDelete