Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Chapter 388

~ STAY TRUE TO YOUR TRUE INTENTIONS, GET A BLESSING IN DISGUISE ~ 

The Emperor lowered his eyes as he sized up Mu Yunyao’s expression.

She raised her head, her eyes bright and firm. Her eyes even carried an indomitable aura, as if she was a small soldier about to enter the battlefield. She was nervous, confident, proud as if those who had played her were enemies, and she could defeat them in the next moment.

“Distinguish right from wrong, do not act in a mean manner, do not act in a kind manner, and do not take good for small things... I have underestimated you. The sages of those officials have been read in the dog’s stomach. They don’t even understand the logic behind it. You should get up.” The Emperor had a smile on his face. It was rare for him to see such a straightforward child who carried a sharp gaze. Since she had done the right thing, there was no need to forcefully erase the edge on her body. There were too many people in the Capital who were as smooth as water, so it is rare to have a different one.

Mu Yunyao blinked. Seeing the Emperor smiling, she also became happy: “Your Majesty, do you mean I don't have to close the tea stall?”

“En, there’s no need. Just keep it open as you wish. After all, this is a good deed that is convenient for the commoners.”

Mu Yunyao bowed respectfully to the Emperor. “This humble girl thanks Your Majesty. In addition, this humble girl has a ruthless feeling and would like to discuss this with Your Majesty.”

“Discuss with me?” The Emperor laughed. “No one has dared to discuss matters with me for a long time. Why don’t you tell me, and we will talk and discuss.”

The Emperor’s words were as good as gold. How could they discuss this? Xu Li broke out in a cold sweat. Fortunately, the Emperor’s tone was very gentle. It looked like as long as Miss Mu didn’t say anything too excessive, she should be able to keep her life.

Mu Yunyao stood up and sat on a chair to the side. Then, she said, “Your Majesty, the embroidery needle techniques in Ni Yun Fang has been spread widely. As long as there is Ni Yun Fang in Jiangnan, many women will more or less do some embroidery. Thus, they can make a living and earn some silver to supplement their families. However, very few women know anything about it in the Capital. Now that Ni Yun Fang has opened, I had thought of having someone to teach people embroidery needle techniques in the Capital. I wonder if the Emperor would agree to that?”

“Teaching embroidery needle techniques in the Capital?”

“Yes, people in many other places can do it, but women in the Capital can’t do it. That’s not fair. Moreover, after I came to the Capital, I saw the local customs here, and everything in the Capital is good. Under the feet of the Son of Heaven, the population is prosperous, the city is majestic, the streets are level, and all kinds of shops are lined up. Even the people here, their minds and vision were much broader than in other places. If they had learned the embroidery needle technique, so it could be said that the things that they embroider could not be compared with other places.”

Hearing Mu Yunyao’s praise for the Capital, the Emperor’s heart flashed with a faint sense of pride. “What you said is quite good. The Capital naturally cannot be compared to other places.”

Mu Yunyao nodded in agreement, “Mm, then Your Majesty, can this humble girl teach people the embroidery needle technique?”

“Teach them what you want. It’s also a good deed that benefits the people. It’s rare for a girl like you to be willing to do it.”

Mu Yunyao’s smile was brilliant. “Your Majesty agrees. Then I’ll pass down the embroidery needle technique to people. I don’t think those official will not played me and said that Iwin over the hearts of the people.”

When he thought about that official who played Mu Yunyao, the Emperor felt a little annoyed. There were so many things that needed to be settled in the Imperial Court. But as officials, they were eating the salary of the Imperial Court and stared at Mu Yunyao, who was just a little girl doing business. They really had nothing to do: “Then what are you waiting for me here? Shall I give you an Imperial Decree?”

“Well, I wish I could bring the Imperial Decree back, and it will be enshrined in the room where the women are taught embroidery. Let those women who come to learn embroidery know that the Emperor has a great grace and is always concerned about us commoners all the time.”

“Then aren’t you afraid that I will steal your credit?”

“The whole world belongs to the Emperor. Not to mention this doesn’t count as a meritorious deed, and even if it does, it’s still due to the Emperor’s teachings. How could the Emperor even need to snatch it away?” Mu Yunyao looked at the Emperor with eyes full of respect and admiration. Her tone of voice was even more sincere and natural.

The smile on the Emperor’s face grew wider. “You little girl, your words sound nice. I originally wanted to call you in to punish you, but after hearing your words, I instead felt that I should reward you with something.”

Mu Yunyao kneaded her knees without leaving a trace. She had knelt for more than half an hour, so now her knees still hurt.

Seeing her actions, the Emperor asked, “I’ve punished you, so do you feel uncomfortable?”

Mu Yunyao honestly nodded before quickly shaking her head, “When I just knelt on the ground, but I didn’t see the Emperor calls me to get up, I felt scared in my heart. When I thought carefully later that I didn’t do anything wrong, Your Majesty punishing me like this was a bit too much. However, it turns out that some people are playing tricks on me and purposefully said bad things about me in front of the Emperor. Your Majesty, you’ve been misled, so your heart is no longer angry. But, there’s a more important point...”

Noticing Mu Yunyao’s slightly uncomfortable expression, the Emperor’s interest was piqued. “Tell me, what’s more important?”

“These are some of this humbel girl’s thoughts, so I asked the Emperor do not blame me.”

“Go ahead and tell me.”

“The Emperor was the ruler of a nation, and usually, you were worried about national affairs. This humble girl is just a commoner, and as a commoner, they had the chance to meet with the Emperor, so it could be said that they were the only ones who could make the Emperor worry personally. Even if it is a punishment of kneeling, I can’t say how much they were envious of me in the eyes of outsiders. Your Majesty, if you are reward me again, others would regard ne as a favorite of yours when I go out and wouldn’t dare to offend me again in the future.”

“Hahaha!” The Emperor smiled and pointed the imperial brush in his hand at Mu Yunyao before turned his head and looked at Xu Li. “Listen to me. This is the first time I’ve seen such a bold person. Aren’t you brazenly basking in my glory?”

Mu Yunyao’s face had a tinge of red, and she smiled with extreme embarrassment. “Then, when the new year comes, I’ll give Your Majesty some more gifts. Many thanks for your grace, Your Majesty.”

“Alright, then I’ll be waiting. Hadn’t Nanhai recently offered a few pearls? Take out two pearls to reward Mu Yunyao, don’t make her feel that I am stingy.”

Xu Li quickly bowed and said, “Yes, this servant will go get them now.”

“This humble girl thanks Your Majesty.” Mu Yunyao’s smile was brilliant, and her eyes curved like crescent moons. The joy was revealed from the bottom of her heart, made others feel extremely comfortable when they saw it and wished to reward her with something more.

The Emperor smiled, and his choices for Ning Junyue became clearer. His personality was too cold, and the more he thought about it, the more he wished the people around him would be warmer. Only in this way would Junyue not feel too sad in the future. It was like he who was spoiling Imperial Concubine Consort De, simply because she was too straightforward, so he didn’t need to worry about her. Unlike other people, it took a lot of thought to figure out what was going on.

“Go back.”

Xu Li held out a small box to Mu Yunyao. “Miss Mu, these are the Southern Sea Pearls bestowed by the Emperor. There is ten pearls have been offered this year. These are two of them. Miss Mu’s luck is deep.”

“Thank you, Your Majesty. I will have to trouble Eunuch Xu, thank you.”

“Miss Mu is too polite. I’ll get Li De to send you out of the Palace.” This Miss Mu was able to please the Emperor and also received the attention of Grand Princess Yi De. Her future was boundless. Fortunately, he had befriended her earlier, so he still needed her care in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Man… she can probably talk the emperor into thinking dog poop smells like jasmine. 😅

    ReplyDelete