Monday, November 29, 2021

Incurable Chapter 41 Part 2

The rain outside the window stopped, the sky was completely dark, the French windows were open, and some cool breeze after the rain was blowing in. Mu Wan was wrapped in a thin blanket, her body was exposed a little bit, her skin was cold, and she shivered slightly.

After she trembled, Liu Qianxiu pulled up the thin blanket and wrapped her body, leaving only a small-white face outside. Mu Wan twisted twice and finally was hugged tightly by him, unable to move.

Listened to the insect outside the window, Mu Wan’s body relaxed, and her thoughts floated. Mu Wan was trapped by Liu Qianxiu in his arms like a hamster. When she raised her head, she kissed his chin and said, “Why don’t you ask me, when did I see through your identity?”

From when Liu Qianxiu went to the Mu family’s house today to when the two of them worshipped Mu Wan’s mother together, the two seemed to be tacitly aware of Liu Qianxiu’s identity and did not mention it again.

Liu Qianxiu lowered his eyes, looked at the woman whose eyes were full of excitement, and asked along with her topic.

“When did you see through my identity?”

“This morning.” Mu Wan couldn’t wait to answer. “Actually, I have suspected it before, but there was no actual evidence to support it. Then my resources suddenly increased, and the company began to attach importance to me, which was strange. But it’s just weird, until I recognized Mei Yaozhi yesterday. But you denied that he was looking for you, and I believe you. But I still want to test you, so I mentioned Mu Qing’s matter to you in the morning. In the end, Mu Qing was really removed from the role and replaced by Mi Yu.”

“You didn’t change Tang Qin, who I recommended to you, but in fact, for me, the goal has been achieved. It doesn’t matter who played the female lead in this drama, except for Mu Qing.” Mu Wan added, “Then Mother Wu called me in the evening, so I went to the Mu family’s house. I texted you that I’m going to the Mu family to kill them. After reading this message, if you weren’t Liu Qianxiu, the head of the Liu family, you wouldl ask me where the Mu family’s house is. But you didn’t ask and just came directly.”

After she said that, Mu Wan looked up at him and snorted, “Actually, you don’t want to hide it from me, so you just followed my plan.”

Liu Qianxiu didn’t want to hide his identity at the beginning. He mentioned to her at the time that he could invest in her drama. However, she refused at the time and said something like supporting him. He probably found it interesting, so he followed her intention and pretended to be until now.

This big-tailed wolf.

Mu Wan thought of her bold words at the time, and her face couldn’t bear it anymore. After she spoke, Liu Qianxiu touched her hair, watched her smile, and made Mu Wan blush even more. She bit the bullet and said something.

“We agreed last night that if you were really Young Master Liu, you would support me. You promised at that time.”

As soon as she finished speaking, Liu Qianxiu turned his body, and his arms exerted a slight force. Mu Wan let out an oops, then her body took off and finally fell on him.

With her ear pressed to Liu Qianxiu’s arms, she could hear the steady and sturdy heartbeat inside. Then, she heard Liu Qianxiu’s answer.

“Yeah.”

Mu Wan raised her arms, put them on Liu Qianxiu’s body, and gradually they closed. There was no sound of rain outside the window, and the world became quiet again as if only the two of them were left.

“How do you know that my mother likes birds of paradise?” Mu Wan asked.

Liu Qianxiu didn’t go to the Mu family’s house empty-handed. He brought a bouquet of sky-blue birds of paradise, which were holy and beautiful. Every year, Mu Wan would take a posy for her mother’s memorial service, and she also liked it.

“Your father told me.” With her hair between his fingers, Liu Qianxiu replied in a soft voice.

When her hair twitched between his fingers, Mu Wan looked up at him, and Liu Qianxiu also looked at her. There was a novelty in her eyes, but she was not surprised.

She heard about her father for the first time, so it was unfamiliar. Liu Qianxiu told her about her father’s affairs, but she was not surprised.

“You helped me in the first place because of him?” Since she was hospitalized in the emergency department, Liu Qianxiu treated her with special treatment after discovering her birthmark. Whether it’s helping her raise a cat or keeping her for dinner...Love is gradually cultivated after starting with this ingenious beginning. This is the fate of the two.

“Yeah.” Liu Qianxiu admitted, “I was assassinated before, and your father saved me, but he died.”

“When?” Mu Wan asked.

“When I was studying in the UK.”

It had been a long time since that incident, and Liu Qianxiu had even forgotten what happened that day. When he was walking on the road, his body was knocked away by a homeless man. The homeless man blocked a shot for him and died.

After the police found the murderer, Liu Qianxiu buried the homeless man and found a photo in his clothes. In the picture, a woman in a cheongsam is holding a bouquet of birds of paradise. There is a stroller in front of her with a baby lying in it. On the top of the baby’s left chest, there are two birthmarks in the shape of bamboo leaves with the two words “green bamboo” written next to them.

He sent someone to check the identity of the homeless man. His name is Song Kangze. He was smuggled to the UK. He used to do business in Chinatown. Later, the company failed and got a high-interest loan. He was devastated and wandered the streets.

As for the woman in the photo, Liu Qianxiu couldn’t find it because the image was blurred. The only clue was the bamboo leaf birthmark on the baby’s chest and the word green bamboo.

“I buried him in England.” After he finished speaking, he looked down at the woman in his arms and asked, “Do you want to go and worship him?”

When Liu Qianxiu was talking, Mu Wan felt like she was listening to other people’s stories. Her father had never been involved in her life, and even today, Mu Wan just learned his name for the first time. Liu Qianxiu said that he was doing business in the UK, and she might be able to imagine that he came back to pick up her and her mother after he became successful. But in the end, her father failed and owed a lot of debts. He simply abandoned himself, keeping such a picture and living like the walking dead.

Initially, if they were lucky enough, for example, if her mother was not born into the Mu family, or if her father had a successful business, then their family would be reunited just like other ordinary families. However, they were not lucky enough, and they took the wrong step. They tried to correct and change their destiny, but they took another wrong step and became what they are now.

The family was broken up, the people died, and in the end, she was the only one left.

Mu Wan’s heart was a little empty, and there was no other feeling.

“I’ll go if I have a chance,” Mu Wan said. After she finished speaking, her eyes flashed, and the topic was automatically skipped. She looked at Liu Qianxiu and said, “It turns out that not everything on TV is fake. The heirs of the big family will really be assassinated.”

Liu Qianxiu observed her expression. The sadness in her eyes was like a shadow cast on the lake. It disappeared in the blink of an eye.

“Well, it was my father’s men.” Liu Qianxiu lowered his eyelids slightly, looked at her quietly, and said.

Mu Wan’s eyes were a bit startled, recalling that Liu Qianxiu once told her that he had also lost both his parents. She had heard about the Liu family and said that Liu Fengmian preferred his eldest son Liu Qingyuan. These are all small chats that catch the wind and catch the shadows, but I didn’t expect the facts to be even crueler.

“Why didn’t you catch him at that time when you had evidence?” Mu Wan tightened her brows.

“My grandfather asked me to let him go and didn’t let me tell the Mei family.” Liu Qianxiu said lightly, “If I can do this, he will pass on the position of Patriarch to me.”

Everyone said that it was the Mei family that forced Liu Qianxiu to sit in the patriarch position of the Liu family. But in fact, the patriarch of the Liu family was not forced to appoint Liu Qianxiu as an heir because of pressure from other families. But, Liu Qianxiu came to this point on his own.

“I can’t let them go.” Mu Wan put Li Qianxiu’s hand in her arms, and her voice got lower.

“Yeah.” As he pulled a thin blanket to cover her back, Liu Qianxiu said, “I will go to Austria next week, and I have to stay for about two weeks.”

Mu Wan suddenly raised her head, and her body lying in his arms became tight. The corners of his lips curled up, and his palm was placed on her back, gradually comforting and soothing her.

“Don’t worry. I will come back on time.”

“If you wait for me at home, they won’t dare do anything to me, let alone to you.”

The author has something to say:
Liu Daochang: This is really not a flag, so you don’t have to worry about me~

If you like what I do, you would like to show your support, so I can try my best to update you regularly. Please consider buying me a coffee. Thank you. ☕️💕

2 comments:

  1. author, no matter how you say it's not a flag, we'd still do. imma stress thinking about the possible death flag scenarios, while i eat my popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its actually when they say, nothing will happen that something terrible will definitely happen

      Delete