Monday, November 15, 2021

Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Chapter 431

~ YUE WANG ALSO HAS AN ADMIRER? ~ 

Just as Mu Yunyao was about to rest, she suddenly heard a knock on the door. Jin Lan and Jin Qiao stepped forward to open the door and saw Xu Qi, who held a paper umbrella, “Little Sister Yunyao, the Grand Princess’s side room can’t be occupied, so she told me to come over and squeeze with Little Sister Yunyao. I don’t know if I can interrupt?”

“Elder Sister Qi, come in quickly. The courtyard is quite large. I live alone, and it is empty. If you come, you can accompany me.”

“Then I’ll be troubling you. It’s snowing heavily outside. I wonder how the situation with the Laba porridge in the Capital is?”

“His Royal Highness Yue Wang is handling this matter, so it shouldn’t be a big problem.”

At this moment, the Capital was filled with flying snowflakes. The smiles of the commoners did not decrease in the slightest because of the heavy snow. There was steam coming from the porridge stalls that were built on the streets. The commoners were lined up with bowls in their hands to receive the porridge.

“With a mouthful, it full of fragrance. This year’s porridge seems to be especially delicious.”

“Quite a number of people have donated their rice grains. This can be considered as a proper meal.”

Yue Wang stood in a porridge stall, watching the falling snow. His mind had gone to Baohua Temple. He didn’t know if Yunyao had seen Master Yuanguang, or she had listened to his advice … Did she miss him?

Yu Heng walked over with quick steps. “Wang Ye, this subordinate has gone down to inquire about the details. Grand Princess Yi De will be staying at Baohua Temple for a few days. Miss Xu from Yanzhou has returned. She has also gone up the mountain.”

“Yanzhou … … Xu Fei is back?”

“Yes, that Miss Xu is the legitimate daughter of Lord Xu. You’ve met her twice before, and Miss Xu even gave you a purse before.” Yu Heng thought back to four years ago when he accompanied Yue Wang to the Palace. At that time, Miss Xu was practicing embroidery. She was initially not interested in it, but after seeing Wang Ye, she stayed up all night making a pretty beautiful purse and sent it over. However, he didn’t notice where Wang Ye had left it.

“This place is more or less set up. I’m worried that Imperial Aunt will be staying at Baohua Temple by herself when it snows. Go inform Second Imperial Brother and let him watch over this for me. I’ll go up the mountain now.”

“Wang Ye, please wait for me. I’ll have someone go inform His Royal Highness Yu Wang and follow you up the mountain.”

“There’s no need. I think it’s more appropriate for you to find Steward Qin in Jingling City.”

Yu Heng said with a bitter face, “Wang Ye, your subordinate will not speak much anymore in the future.” At present, Steward Qin has become busier and busier. Yu Yi was ordered to send the letter, so Yu Yi’s feet don’t touch the ground all day. A few days ago, he even wrote to complain that he had spent twenty days back and forth between Jingling City and Western Guangdong. His whole body was almost dried up by the wind. Just the thought of it was terrifying.

In Baohua temple, Mu Yunyao was initially a bit sleepy, but when she saw Xu Qi happily chatting with her, she could only sit by the side and accompany her.

“I heard that Little Sister Yunyao went to the hunting grounds. I wonder what fun places are there?”

“I’m not good at horse-riding or hunting. I just want to join in the fun.” Mu Yunyao smiled as she shook her head.

A look of nostalgia appeared on Xu Qi’s face: “I did learn how to ride and shoot for a few days, but that was four years ago. At that time, I was only twelve years old, and my height was not even as high as a horse. His Royal Highness Yue Wangtaught me, but it’s a pity that I’m not good at learning. Thus, I haven’t made much progress after learning for several days.”

Mu Yunyao originally wanted to take a sip of her tea to refresh her spirit, but when she heard these words, her fingers trembled slightly as a wave of energy flashed through her teacup.

Xu Qi continued, “Has Little Sister Yunyao ever seen His Royal Highness Yue Wang in the hunting grounds?”

“Of course, I’ve seen it before.” Mu Yunyao put down her teacup. The wave of energy in the teacup had already disappeared, but the ripples in her heart couldn’t calm down.

Xu Qi smiled as she looked Mu Yunyao up. A moment later, she retracted her expression, “Actually, there’s a reason why I came back this time. Firstly, I am worried about Grand Princess Yi De and hope to come to her side to take care of her. Secondly, I heard that His Royal Highness Yue Wang has returned to the Capital, soI wanted to see him.”

Mu Yunyao raised her eyes. The drowsiness had totally vanished, but she didn’t hastily open her mouth to say anything.

Xu Qi seemed to have fallen back into her memories and spoke of her thoughts in a low voice, “The first time I saw Your Highness Yue Wang was six years ago. At that time, he was already an elegant young master with an upright posture and an unparalleled heroic breath, but his face was clear and cold. There was a lonely breath lingering all over, which made people feel pain. The next time we met was four years ago. He saw me clumsily unable to get on the horse, but his usually cold lips actually had a smile on them. I don’t know if Little Sister Yunyao felt this way. The colder you are, the warmer you smile...”

Mu Yunyao’s heart trembled, but the smile on her face didn’t change in the slightest, “I don’t understand these things.”

Little Sister Yunyao, you had been recognized by the Grand Princess as her granddaughter. In the future, you would have to address Yue Wang as an uncle. After a long time of contact, you would come to understand that even though Yue Wamg looked cold on the surface, he was actually the most warmhearted person. When I was young, I didn’t know how to act, and I didn’t know how to restrain my mind. I also made a purse for him overnight and gave it to him. But presumably, I think it must have been a joke to him.”

Xu Qi seemed to have fallen back into her memories and spoke of her thoughts in a low voice, “The first time I saw Your Highness Yue Wang was six years ago. At that time, he was already an elegant young master with an upright posture and an unparalleled heroic breath, but his face was clear and cold. There was a lonely breath lingering all over, which made people feel pain. The next time we met was four years ago. He saw me clumsily unable to get on the horse, but his usually cold lips actually had a smile on them. I don’t know if Little Sister Yunyao felt this way. The colder you are, the warmer you smile...”

Mu Yunyao’s heart trembled, but the smile on her face didn’t change in the slightest, “I don’t understand these things.”

Little Sister Yunyao, you had been recognized by the Grand Princess as her granddaughter. In the future, you would have to address Yue Wang as an uncle. After a long time of contact, you would come to understand that even though Yue Wamg looked cold on the surface, he was actually the most warmhearted person. When I was young, I didn’t know how to act, and I didn’t know how to restrain my mind. I also made a purse for him overnight and gave it to him. But presumably, I think it must have been a joke to him.”

Hearing Xu Qi’s words, Mu Yunyao couldn’t help but sink into deep thought. She had received quite a few gifts from the Yue Wang: The present, the ice lantern, the pearl hairpin, the fabrics, the ornaments, the snow fox, the cat hairpin...

She had also given things to Yue Wang before, such as Thirty percent of Bu Xian Luo and Ni Yun Fang’s profits, and then swallowed the private salt of Qingling City to help him earn silver taels. However, when she had given out these things, all of them had been in exchange for her own benefits, and there is more or less the meaning of using Yue Wang.

“Little Sister Yunyao, would you mind if I told you this?”

Mu Yunyao shook her head. “How could that be?”

Xu Qi intimately held onto Mu Yunyao’s hand, as if she was very delighted, “I lived in Yanzhou since I was a child. When I grew up a little bit, I followed the Grand Princess Yi De and listened to her teachings, so I’m not very familiar with the other young misses in the Capital. Fortunately, I met you and saw the first sight of you made me feel very compatible. In the future, the two of us must get along well.”

“Yes.”

“Look at me. I forgot the time as soon as I’ve started talking. Little Sister Yunyao came back just now to have a rest. How about the two of us have a rest together?”

“Alright.” The bed in the meditation room was extremely spacious. Even if Mu Yunyao and Xu Qi were sleeping, it wouldn’t be too crowded. Before long, Xu Qi’s breathing calmed down while Mu Yunyao was lying on her side on the bed, unable to fall asleep.

She thought that Yue Wang was only gentle to herself. However, she heard his kind side from another girl. This kind of understanding made her heart tremble, and even though she was surrounded by the boiling hot soup and covered in a thick blanket, she still could not stop the chill coming from behind her.

She could talk and laugh with Jin Wang’s concubines n her previous life, pushing him onto someone else’s bed to express her understanding. But now, even if she just heard how gentle Yue Wang was towards other girls, she actually felt as if she was being bitten by a bug.

The room was so quiet. Mu Yunyao lay down for a long time and still couldn’t sleep. She couldn’t help but get up, get dressed, grab an oil-paper umbrella, and walk out of her room.

If you like what I do, you would like to show your support, so I can try my best to update you regularly. Please consider buying me a coffee. Thank you. ☕️💕

3 comments:

  1. Hmm...I don't like this new girl, but I kind of look forward to her causing trouble and being taken down a few pegs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think being dropped from the scaffolding of the tallest tower in the temple should wake up this delusional girl.

      I just hope this doesn’t cause Yaoyao to misunderstand Junyue. 😩

      Delete
  2. Jealousy!! I got Xu can see how Yue Wang acts so warmly towards Yunyao and wishes them the best of luck. Ouch bringing up the uncle

    ReplyDelete