Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Chapter 484

~ LET’S MAKE A BET! ~ 

Zhang Wan walked down the steps step by step, raised her hand, and slowly took off the veil on her face: “Sixth Princess, you don’t have to gnash your teeth and speak to me like that. In the end, you and I are both pitiful people, and now that we have fallen into the mud pit called the Su family, even if we wanted to escape, it would be impossible.”

Su Qingwu abruptly turned her head. “Zhang Wan, don’t cause any more trouble this time.”

Zhang Wan raised the corners of her lips, slowly walked to the Sixth Princess, and propped the umbrella in her hand on her head: “Sixth Princess, that time in the hunting grounds, you intentionally pushed me under the wolf’s mouth. I was injured badly, and my face was completely disfigured at that time, so I wished that I could skin you alive, pull out your tendons, and crush your bones piece by piece. But now that I see you in such a state, I feel lucky that you were the one who fought with me over Su Qingwu.”

Rain poured down Zhang Wan’s face, washing away the painstakingly applied makeup, making the scar on her face becomes particularly clear: “Sixth Princess, if it weren’t for your fight, I wouldn’t have known that the Su Qingwu that I love so much would look like this… A puppet who was manipulated by the family at will, and a pawn that only knew how to fight for the interests of the family … Heh heh heh. Sixth Princess, do you think Su Qingwu really does like you? What a joke. There is only the Su family in his heart, and this Su family, which seemed to be the most glorious gold wall in the world, but infact, it was actually a mess of dirty and broken walls and ruins! Whether it’s marrying you or marrying me, it was only means to help the Su family obtain benefits!”

The Sixth Princess pushed Zhang Wan to the ground, “You’re lying! I don’t believe it. I don’t believe it at all!”

“Hehe, Su Qingwu, I can’t help but admit that you’re quite capable of making others wholeheartedly defend you. Look at this Sixth Princess in front of you! Don’t you feel even the slightest bit of guilt or uneasiness in your heart?” Zhang Wan stood up and slowly took out a dagger from her sleeve.

Su Qingwu hastily took two steps forward. “Zhang Wan, what are you planning to do?”

“Stand there and don’t move!” Zhang Wan suddenly crouched down and placed the dagger across the Sixth Princess’s neck. “If you dare take another step forward, I’ll cut her throat directly!”

The Sixth Princess couldn’t help but let out a startled cry, and then she turned to look at Su Qingwu with an eager look in her eyes. “Qingwu, save me!”

Su Qingwu stood in place, not daring to move forward, afraid that Zhang Wan would really attack. “If you have anything to do with me, come at me. Don’t hurt the Sixth Princess.”

The Six Princesses’ eyes were filled with hatred, “What kind of bet do you want to make?”

“Because we insisted on marrying Su Qingwu, the Emperor hated you as a daughter. My father also gave up on me. Now we are tantamount to saying that we have nothing left. The only thing left that can be taken out to bet is the life on our body. Do you dare to bet with your life?”

Su Qingwu wanted to snatch the blade away from Zhang Wan when she wasn’t paying attention, but she didn’t expect Zhang Wan to use her full strength. The dagger directly cut into the skin of the Sixth Princess’ neck.

Zhang Wan raised her head with a fierce look in her eyes. “I told you not to move. The dagger in my hand had no eyes, and it might injure someone severely.”

“Zhang Wan, I’m not moving. Don’t hurt the Sixth Princess.” No matter how angry the Emperor was, the Sixth Princess was of the royal bloodline. Once her life was in danger, the entire Su family would accompany her in death.

The Sixth Princess coldly snorted, “Just now, what did you say we should do for bet?”

Zhang Wan lowered her head. “Don’t you think Su Qingwu has some sincere feelings for you? You also think that he hated me, this disfigured person, so if I stabbed the dagger in each of my body and you. Do you think who he will choose to save? Me or you?”

The sixth princess couldn’t stop sneering: “Your heart is so vicious that you’re not peaceful after coming to the Su family. I went to the Imperial Palace to plead for mercy for the Su family because you have repeatedly urged me to do so. If you want to die, you will stay far away. Don’t dirty this good land!”

“The Sixth Princess, you are actually stupid and pitiful. Although I said that my father was angry that I insisted on marrying into the Su family, in the end, we were still related by blood. If I died, my father would definitely not let the Su family live, so even if I kill you now, Su Qingwu will definitely save me. If I were alive, the Great Scholar’s residence was seen on my face and would help the Su family say good things. However, if I die, the Su family will be a strong enemy. The Su family is in a precarious situation now and unable to withstand even the slightest bit of trouble. Thus, Su Qingwu will definitely save me.

After Zhang Wan finished speaking, she changed the direction of the dagger in her hand and stabbed herself in the chest.

Su Qingwu quickly stepped forward and grabbed Zhang Wan’s wrist, but it was too late. The dagger stabbed into Zhang Wan’s chest, causing a lot of blood to flow down to the ground.

The Sixth Princess glared hatefully at Zhang Wan, “Qingwu, this woman is too vicious. She committed suicide to seek death, so let her fend for herself. Don’t worry about her!”

Su Qingwu stopped in the middle and picked Zhang Wan up. “Sixth Princess, at any rate, she is a human being. How can you be so negligent? Come with me back to the residence so that you won’t catch a cold after getting drenched in the rain. I will ask someone to call the doctor to come over now.”

The Sixth Princess stomped her feet and looked at Su Qingwu, “I can believe what you said before. I can believe that you weren’t the one who poisoned my food. But in one condition, you must throw Zhang Wan here! She dares to disrespect me, so I want to watch her die!”

Su Qingwu tightly knitted his eyebrows. After staring at the Sixth Princess for a while, he shook his head slightly. “Sixth Princess, I can’t do this.”

Every word Zhang Wan had said before was like a sharp knife stabbed into his heart. He hated himself for being like this. But after more than twenty years of teaching, his family philosophy was engraved in his bone and blood. Even though he had already completely given up on the Su family, and even though he already knew that what he had done was futile, he still couldn’t utterly stand idly by.

The Sixth Princess laughed mockingly, “It turns out what Zhang Wan said was true. It turns out that you really only have the Su family in your heart. Then why did you help me conceal the guilt of harming Zhang Wan in the first place? Why did you come to the Palace to express your feelings to me? Why did you marry me? Family, family … If I am not the Sixth Princess, do you not like me?”

Zhang Wan leaned against Su Qingwu’s chest, slowly opened her eyes, and smiled mockingly at the Sixth Princess.

The Sixth Princess seemed to have gone mad as she ushed forward to pull Zhang Wan from Su Qingwu’s embrace. The maids hurriedly stepped forward to stop her, but they did not pay attention when trying to pull her away. Instead, they pushed her down to the ground.

“Haha!” The Sixth Princess’s hand was scratched, and blood seeped into the rain on the ground. However, she seemed to be unable to feel any pain as she stumbled and got up, then ran towards the direction of the Imperial Palace.

Zhang Wan opened her eyes and looked at Su Qingwu, her pale lips curving into a smile. “The Sixth Princess went to the Imperial Palace. What she said must be extremely detrimental to the Su family. Are you not going to chase after her now?”

If you like what I do, please consider to donate our website to show your support, so I can try my best to update you regularly. Thank you. ☕️💕

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally caught up, what a thrilling read especially now

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sort of wish that Zhang Wan hadn’t married into the Su family but… 😑

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too whished her to stay away for the manure pit called su family but author decided other wise

      Delete
  4. I really love this story thanks for translating this

    ReplyDelete