Monday, June 6, 2022

Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Chapter 504

~ WITNESS COMES ~ 

Yue Wang lowered his eyes and looked over: “What’s going on?”

“Reporting to Your Royal Highness, this person just arrived this morning. He suddenly wants to sneak out of the camp and get caught by us now. After that, he struggled endlessly.”

“Where was he placed?”

“General tents.”

Yue Wang turned his head and glanced at Mu Yunyao. Seeing this person sneakily escape from the camp, they initially thought he was isolated due to the epidemic. However, according to the guards, he just arranged to be in a general tent, which meant his body was healthy. Since that’s the case, why did he not stay in the camp and want to leave?

“Raise your head.”

The man was forced to raise his head, but he did not look at Yue Wang, who had been talking to him. Instead, his gaze fell upon Mu Yunyao’s body, and there was an extremely complicated expression in his eyes.

Mu Yunyao slowly walked over, her brows slightly knit together. “Do you know me?”

The man hurriedly shook his head, but his eyes became even more flustered. “I don’t know the Princess.”

Mu Yunyao had a hunch that there was a problem with this person. She turned her head and instructed a guard at the side, “Bring him to His Royal Highness Yue Wang’s tent. I have some things to ask.”

“Yes.”

Inside Yue Wang’s tent, Mu Yunyao was not in a hurry to ask questions. Instead, she sent people to gather information to see who this person was in contact with and what kind of news he had heard, making him leave in a hurry.

Very quickly, Si Qin sent over the news. After she finished reading it, Mu Yunyao’s forehead slightly creased. “Since you’ve been brought here, you know you’ll never have a chance to leave this place unless you make it clear. Now, do you want to explain yourself and avoid physical pain, or do I have to have someone torture you and interrogate you?”

“Princess, please spare my life. This commoner is just a ordinary people.This person wants to leave the camp in a hurry because I want to go to Yishui City to search for my missing relatives. I ask the Princess to let this commoner leave.”

“What’s your name?”

“This commoner’s name is Zhang Li.”

“Zhang Li?” Mu Yunyao looked at the man as thoughts raced through her mind. “The flood in Yishui City has not receded, so your ability to find people alone is limited. Tell me the whereabouts of your family members, and I’ll send someone to help you find them.”

“No … I don’t dare to trouble the Princess. This commoner can go by themselves.” Mu Yunyao coldly laughed, “Family? You have no family for a long time, and what you said just now was a lie you made up in order to leave! You are in good health and have not been infected sick. You don’t have to worry about your own safety if you stay in the camp. Everyday, you will have porridge and fruit, which is definitely better than staying outside to look for food. But you still want to leave, that is to say, the reason is it because of me? Or perhaps it is because the Su family....”

The information on the paper was detailed. This person had to leave after knowing her identity, and when they met afterward, it was clear that it was Yue Yang who was questioning him, but the first thing he did was look at her. That was to say, even if she wasn’t sure that this person had seen her before, at least he knew some information about her and didn’t want her to know. No matter how she thought about it, the Su family was the most likely the reason.

As Mu Yunyao expected, when he heard the words Su family, the man’s strained face suddenly went pale white, without blood’s trace. “You... you... you... How could you....”

Mu Yunyao’s eyes moved. Indeed, she had guessed correctly, he had a relationship with the Su family, and he even knew her!

A person suddenly flashed through her mind. Could this person be the midwife’s son who helped the old Madam of the Su family deliver the baby back then, t that is, the last person to see her father?

“You killed my father, so you’re feel guilty, right?”

“I didn’t!” Zhang Li quickly denied, “I have a close personal relationship with your father. How could I possibly kill him!”

“The Su family had told me and even found evidence. Do you still want to argue?” This person was hiding in Yishui City and was very far away from the Capital. He probably wouldn’t know that the Su family members had already been imprisoned.

“It is the Su family that is deceiving the Princess! Princess, I really didn’t kill Brother Mu Cheng. It was the Su family who killed him!”

“Your words have no basis. Why should I believe you?”

“The Princess already knows that she is the granddaughter of Grand Princess Yi De. In other words, she has nothing to do with the Su family. How could she still believe the words of the Su family?”

After Mu Cheng died, he fled the Capital and hid carefully along the way. It was with great difficulty that he settled down here. Who knew that after just a few days of peace, there would be a flood in Yishui City?

Fortunately, he has good water skills, barely survived the flood, and escaped all the way to this camp. In the beginning, his heart was filled with joy at being able to survive. Afterward, he met a merchant from the Capital who came to the camp to do business. When he heard about Mu Yunyao’s legendary life experience, the more he listened, the more flustered his heart became. This Mu Yunyao was clearly the daughter of Mu Cheng and Su Qing.

Although he knew that Mu Yunyao would not recognize him, he was so guilty that he dared not take risks and wanted to leave quickly. Unexpectedly, as he just said that he was departing from the camp, the guard would take him for interrogation. When he was afraid, he would inevitably look flustered. Thus, the guard kept an eye on him, which attracted Mu Yunyao. If he had known before that Mu Yunyao was here, he would have hidden among the victims with peace of mind. There were so many victims, and Mu Yunyao might not have noticed him.

“The daughter of the Su family saved my mother’s life. To my mother and I, she is a benefactor. I don’t believe them. However, should I believe you, the murderer? The matter is over, so I do not want to hear any more of your excuses. Men, come and drag him down and deal with him. I do not wish to see this person again.”

“Princess, have mercy. Princess....” Seeing that a guard came in and was about to drag him down, he didn’t have time to think about it and shouted, “Princess, the Su family is full of nonsense. The Su family’s old Madam has only one daughter, Su Jin!”

Mu Yunyao raised her hand to signal the guards to go down. Her cold eyes stared at Zhang Li as she asked, “What do you mean by that?”

Zhang Li’s face turned pale. At this time, he could only have saved his life if he told everything he knew, “Princess, you should know that my mother was a midwife of the Old Madam of the Su family. The Eldest Master and Second Master of the Su family were both delivered by my mother, and she was highly regarded by the Old Madam of the Su family. But one day, she returned home in a panic with a large sum of silver taels and arranged for someone to send me away. At that time, I was only seven years old, and I didn’t know what had happened, so I just kept on crying. Afterward, I was drugged and passed out. When I woke up, I was already far away from home. It was hard to go back again, and when I finally got back, my home had already been burnt to ruins. My parents and sister had also lost their lives in the sea of fire.”

“The Su family should be aware of your family’s situation. After you escaped, didn’t they notice it immediately?”

“My mother bought a boy similar to me, so the Su family thought I had also died. Thus, I was able to escape calamity.”

“And after that?”

“Then I remembered something my mother had repeatedly told me before she sent me away to go under the bricks by the well and take out the things she had left behind. She asked me to keep them well and not let anyone know about them. When I took it out, it was a letter. At first, I could not read, so I could not read what was written on the letter. When I thought of what my mother had told me, I dared not ask anyone to look it up. Later on, when I learned to read, I found out why my parents died. She had helped the Old Madam of the Su family fabricate the birth of a daughter. In other words, the daughter that the Su family had claimed lost had never existed from the beginning to the end.”

If you like what I do, please consider to donate our website to show your support, so I can try my best to update you regularly. Thank you. ☕️💕

4 comments:

  1. The last "paragraph" of the section I'm copy/pasting needs to be moved to join the rest of its paragraph at the top of the section! :)

    not receded, so your ability to find people alone is limited. Tell me the whereabouts of your family members, and I’ll send someone to help you find them.”

    “No … I don’t dare to trouble the Princess. This commoner can go by themselves.”

    Mu Yunyao coldly laughed, “Family? You have no family for a long time, and what you said just now was a lie you made up in order to leave! You are in good health and have not been infected sick. You don’t have to worry about your own safety if you stay in the camp. Everyday, you will have porridge and fruit, which is definitely better than staying outside to look for food. But you still want to leave, that is to say, the reason is it because of me? Or perhaps it is because the Su family....”

    “Zhang Li?” Mu Yunyao looked at the man as thoughts raced through her mind. “The flood in Yishui City has

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. This chapter seems a bit confusing…?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just happy for another chapter and more revenge against the su family

    ReplyDelete