Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Chapter 505

~ RELIEVE HEART ILLNESS ~ 

Mu Yunyao’s heart stirred. She had already thought of this kind of result long ago, so she wasn’t surprised to hear it now. “Do you still keep the letter?”

Zhang Li nodded its head, “Because this matter is of great importance, I have been keeping it carefully. If the Princess needs it, this commoner can submit it to you.”

“Mn,” Mu Yunyao nodded. She was even more concerned about the matter regarding her father, “You said that you have good personal relationship with my father. Is that true?”

“This commoner doesn’t dare to deceive the Princess.”

“How much do you know about my father?”

Zhang Li recalled carefully and then said slowly, “I was a few years older than Brother Mu Cheng, so he called me Big Brother Zhang. The two of us did some small business together and knew each other well. Later on, because we had the Su family as our common enemy, we talked about everything.”

“I heard that my father once received the favor from the Su family, so he has always been helping them. Is this true?” Mu Yunyao asked what she thought, and her heart gradually rose.

Zhang Li shook his head, “I understand what Princess meant. I dare to guarantee my life that Brother Mu Cheng truly loves Lady Su and you. Brother Mu Cheng was an orphan and had an exceptionally loyal personality. After being bought and raised by the Su family, he always treated the Su family as his benefactor. But after meeting Lady Su, all his focus was on Lady Su. Realizing that Lady Su’s identity is odd, he did everything possible to investigate the truth, hoping to help Lady Su find her true family members.”

“True family? Could it be that my father doubted the relationship between my mother and the Su family from the very beginning?”

“In the beginning, Brother Mu Cheng was sent by the Su family to approach Madam Su. He was strictly ordered to marry her and then arranged for Madam Li to become Lady Su’s mother-in-law. She tried all kinds of hardships on Lady Su and even secretly harmed her. Brother Mu Cheng occasionally heard gossip from Lady Su’s adoptive parents that Lady Su was possibly the daughter of the Su family. From that time on, he started to investigate the true identity of Lady Su. After all, if Lady Su was really the daughter of the Old Madam of the Su family, she should be heavily protected like Su Jin. How could they just let her drift outside and let a subordinate approach and marry her?”

Mu Yunyao nodded her head and let her heart down a little. What she was worried about the most was hearing her father had used her mother from the start without even the slightest bit of true love. Now that she listens to Zhang Li’s statement, it at least proves that her mother had not liked the wrong person. “Afterwards, what news did my father find out and investigate?”

“Brother Mucheng told me about these things later. When Brother Mucheng and I first met, we didn’t know each other’s true identities. We got to know each other better and deeper later. After the Su family noticed that he had different intentions, they persecuted him. I saved his life twice, and only then did I know about his relationship with Lady Su. I showed him the things my mother had left behind. After he finished reading them, he was furious. He wanted to use these things to seek justice for Lady Su. Unexpectedly, before he could take any action, he was discovered by the Su family. In his haste, he only left a handwritten letter. After that … I lost the news …

Until someone scooped him out of the river.”

Zhang Li sighed deeply, and even his eyes flushed involuntarily. Mu Cheng had also helped him many times before and could be said to be his first-ever close friend after becoming an adult. He still felt heartbroken that he was suddenly killed by someone. It was fortunate that his daughter is promising and has the ability to help him get justice.

Mu Yunyao hurriedly raised her head, “You said that my father left a handwritten letter behind. Do you know where it is now?”

“It was also carefully kept by me. I can submit it to the Princess.”

“Where did you hide these things?”

“In a deserted house in the Capital, wrapped in kraft paper, I placed it behind a wooden box and buried it deep in the ground.”

Mu Yunyao was quite surprised, “You’re quite cautious.”


Zhang Li forced a smile. “If I hadn’t been cautious, I probably would have died a long time ago.”

“When you heard that I was here, why didn’t you want to tell me the truth and instead secretly leave?”

“I was scared. Ever since the Su family found out that I wasn’t dead, they had been sending people look for me secretly. I don’t know how many times I have escaped the pursuit before I could live safely until now. I am afraid that the Princess will be angry with me. People are selfish, and no one wants to die if they can live. I saw that the Princess had been acknowledged by Grand Princess Yi De, and the Lady Su’s identity also had been made known to the world, so Brother Mu Cheng’s wish had been fulfilled. I thought that even if I didn’t tell you about this matter, it wouldn’t have much impact, so....”

Mu Yunyao saw the calmness in his eyes and reluctantly believed his explanation, “I got it. Being able to keep those letters, I am grateful. It will be of great use to me. I’m not a person who doesn’t differentiate right from wrong. You and my father are inseparable friends. I won’t kill you as long as you are guiltless and innocent. You can live in peace of mind in the camp. I will let someone protect your safety. After we return to the Capital, you will hand over the evidence to Shuntian Manor. I still need you as a witness to testify.”

“Princess, this commoner is just an ordinary people. I’m afraid I can’t defeat the Su family.”

“Right now, the Su family has already become a dog that has lost its home. Moreover, you already know that I’m the granddaughter of Grand Princess Yi De. Could it be that the Grand Princess’s estate is still unable to resist a Su family?”

“I will do as the Princess say.”

As Zhang Li was taken away, Mu Yunyao sat on the chair in a daze.

Yue Wang stepped forward and held her hand. “Yunyao, are you alright?”

Mu Yunyao raised her head and gently leaned on his body. “Nothing much. The matter that had been hanging in my heart settled down suddenly. Thus, while I heaved a sigh of relief, I also felt an indescribable tiredness.”

“Are you worried that your father was assigned by the Su family from the beginning to the end and afraid that he would harm Madam Su?” Yue Wang gently placed his hand on her shoulder.

Mu Yunyao nodded. “That’s right, whenever Mother mentions Father, the warm smile on her face is always enough to make people feel envious. I don’t want Mother to be sad, and I don’t want to ruin the biggest support in her heart. Fortunately … Father did not let Mother down.”

“Yes.”

Only after a long while did Mu Yunyao recover from her shock. “Unexpectedly, after searching for so long and not finding any traces of Zhang Li, we actually met each other here.”

“Yes, it seems that God didn’t like what the Su family did, so he directly sent such a witness to us.”

Mu Yunyao nodded her head. “Fourth Master, when we return to the Capital, let’s go to Baohua Temple to burn some incense.”

“Weren’t you not fond of doing these things before?”

“The more I experience, the more reverence I have in my heart. I am very grateful to the heavens for giving me a safe and smooth life” In her previous life, ever since her father had passed away, every day had been dark in her life, so dark that she felt like living was torture. Perhaps the experiences from her previous life were too miserable. After she was rebirth, although there were setbacks, it was all successfully resolved. Perhaps, this was the protection of the heavens for her.

“Alright, after you settle all these issues, I’ll accompany you wherever you want to go.” Yue Wang bent down and gently kissed the top of her hair.

If you like what I do, please consider to donate our website to show your support, so I can try my best to update you regularly. Thank you. ☕️💕

1 comment:

  1. It’s a good thing the Su family is not as powerful as before or Yunyao would try to get rid of them so hard their ancestors 5 generations would still be reeling from it. 😅

    ReplyDelete