Monday, August 8, 2022

Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Chapter 537

~ THE DRUNKARD’S INTENTION, FOURTH MASTER NING ~ 

Mu Yunyao carefully looked at Grand Princess Yi De’s expression. Her expression was solemn, and her tone was firm, without the slightest hint of reluctance. With a single glance, she could understand that she really thought that Yue Wang would be able to reach the highest position.

Didn’t Grandmother know that Yue Wang was not the Emperor’s son? Or could it be that the Old Madam’s words were fake, and she said them to deceive her?

“Yao’er, what’s wrong?”

Mu Yunyao regained her senses. “I’m fine. Thank you for being so supportive, Grandmother.”

“Silly child, you are my only granddaughter. If I don’t help you, who else can I help?”

The dinner was extremely sumptuous. After Mu Yunyao and Grand Princess Yi De finished their conversation, they went to the kitchen to personally make the longevity noodles.

The white jade bowl is filled with longevity noodles embellished with green leaves and a milky white noodle broth, which makes people’s appetites rise just by looking.

When Grand Princess Yi De ate, she used her chopsticks to pick at the noodles lightly. She then discovered only one piece of longevity noodle in that bowl.

Xu Yanhan and Mu Yunyao stepped forward and knelt to congratulate her on her birthday, “I wish Mother (Grandmother) good health and long life.”

“Alright, get up quickly.” Grand Princess Yi De, who had always maintained a stoic expression, was grinning from ear to ear.

After the meal, Mu Yunyao took out the Buddhist scriptures she had personally embroidered.

“Didn’t you already give me clothes before? Why did you even create a Buddhist scripture? The moment you came back, you started working non-stop. It was really heartbreaking.”

Mu Yunyao smiled brilliantly. “For Grandmother, every stitch and thread was embroidered with warmth in my heart. Naturally, I don’t feel tired.”

“This mouth is just like smeared with honey. Grandmother has received a new batch of top-quality jewelry. I’ll have Qu Mama bring you to pick them up later.”

“Alright, I’ll have to make more preparations so I won’t be dazzled. After all, everything Grandmother owned was of the highest quality, and no one would be willing to look away from it. It would not be easy for me to pick the best ones.”

Grand Princess Yi De’s smile became even broader. “Look at this little girl... she’s actually asking me for things differently. Don’t pick them out if you think it’s hard to choose. Later, I’ll have Qu Mama give you all the jewelry and let you wear it slowly in rotation.”

“Thank you, Grandmother. You love me the most.”

“Why do I remember that a few days ago, you said that your mother loves you the most in order to eat your mother’s Eight Treasures Rice the other day?” Grand Princess Yi De felt the intimacy of Mu Yunyao and enjoyed it in her heart, but she couldn’t help teasing her.

“Grandmother also said that it was a few days ago. Mother loved me the most that day, and you love me the most today. I can tell that clearly.”

“Oh, you... what a clever and smart person.”

After eating dinner, the smile on the face of Grand Princess Yi De never stopped.

Just as they finished their meal, the maidservant came to report, “Reporting to the Grand Princess, Your Royal Highness Yue Wang has come to congratulate you on your birthday.”

“Quick, let him in.”

“Yes.”

Mu Yunyao couldn’t help but look towards the door. It wasn’t convenient to meet each other after they returned to the Capital. She didn’t think much of it before, but after experiencing the days together in Jiangnan, she actually felt an unaccustomed feeling in her heart.

Yue Wang walked into the hall, and his gaze immediately fell on Mu Yunyao’s body, unable to shift away.

She wore a short brocade satin coat and a long lake green dress. She was dressed in a fresh and pleasant-looking outfit. Coupled with the sweet smile on her face at this time, it only made people feel that she was like a spring breeze blowing into their hearts as if it could blow a green desert in an instant.

Grand Princess Yi De couldn’t help but cough with blatant teasing in her eyes. “Is Junyue here to congratulate me on my birthday?”

“Junyue greets Imperial Aunt. I wish Imperial Aunt happiness and longevity.”

“Alright, hurry up and get up. You do not have good fortune. You came a bit late. If you had come earlier, you could have tasted your sister’s and Yunyao’s cooking craftsmanship.”

“I was temporarily assigned by Imperial Father to investigate the begging cases of the victims in the Capital. However, I had to wait a long time. Otherwise, I would have come here long ago.”

“Then you’ve been busy since the afternoon. Have you eaten?”

“Not yet.” As Yue Wang spoke, his gaze couldn’t help but fall on Mu Yunyao, and he had the appearance of being inexplicably wronged.

Mu Yunyao couldn’t help but inwardly glare at him, feeling embarrassed and annoyed in her heart. Could it be that this person didn’t see that her grandmother and mother were there too? He was actually so unbridled.

Yue Wang suppressed his laughter and pursed his lips slightly: “Imperial Aunt, you can reward me with a bite of leftovers.”

“That depends on whether the birthday present you sent me today aligns with my heart. If it’s not to my liking, I’ll only give you a cup of tea to drink. If it’s in line with my heart, then I’ll have Yunyao personally cook some for you.”

Yue Wang quickly stepped forward and handed the thick gift list to Grand Princess Yi De. Taking advantage of the time when the Grand Princess and Xu Yanhan were looking at the gift list, he winked at Mu Yunyao.

Seeing the items on the gift list, a hint of a smile flashed through the Grand Princess’s eyes. “Yao’er, your mother and I have travelled quite a distance today. We were worn out. so we decided to take a break. Go make some food and accompany Yue Wang.”

Mu Yunyao’s face turned slightly red. “Yes, Yunyao knows.”

As she faced her grandmother’s and mother’s smiling eyes, Mu Yunyao walked out with Yue Wang.

After exiting the hall, Yue Wang stepped forward and held onto Mu Yunyao’s hand. The smile in his eyes slowly deepened. “Yao’er, I also want to eat the noodles you made.”

“Then go to the dining room and wait. When I’m done, I’ll bring it over to you.”

“Alright.”

When Mu Yunyao returned after cooking and saw Yue Wang holding a purse in his hands, she could not help but halt her steps. “That purse is not good. Quickly, put it down.”

Yue Wang took the tray in Mu Yunyao’s hands and pulled Mu Yunyao’s hand over to carefully examine it. “I saw that there was blood on the purse. Did the embroidery needle accidentally pierce your finger?”

“Yeah, when I first heard that your whereabouts in Jiangnan were unknown, I panicked and ran into a mishap. You’re the one who’s to blame for the trouble.”

Yue Wang pulled Mu Yunyao’s hand to the side of his face. “Then how do you want to make amends? I’ll promise you anything, okay?”

“Not good.” Mu Yunyao gently pinched his ear, “Alright, hurry up and eat. It’s just that I accidentally pricked my finger a little, so there’s no big deal. Moreover, you already gave yourself to me. What else can I do to compensate.”

Yue Wang suddenly stepped forward and pecked the corner of Mu Yunyao’s lips, “I can compensate you with something else.” This time, no fish were messing around.

Mu Yunyao looked at the tips of Yue Wang’s red blood-dripping ears and felt amused. This person was actually even shyer than she was. As she thought this, she couldn’t help but slowly lean forward slowly, and just as Yue Wang slightly closed his eyes, waiting for her to kiss him, she directly picked up a strand of noodles from the side and put it on his lips. “Eat faster!”

Looking at Mu Yunyao’s tender lips in pity, Yue Wang lowered his head and angrily bit down on his noodles. His expression was like that of a big cat that was dissatisfied but proud and unwilling to show itself. He squinted his eyes, slightly resentful, and waited for someone to comfort him.

Mu Yunyao’s heart was happy. She threw the purse Yue Wang had taken out to the side, took the embroidery threads, and started fitting it again.

If you like what I do, please consider to donate our website to show your support, so I can try my best to update you regularly. Thank you. ☕️💕

1 comment:

  1. Awww… so sweet. But why can’t the emperor or at least the Grand Princess grandma tell Junyue his real parentage yet…? And who then is Junyue’s dad…?

    ReplyDelete