Friday, September 2, 2022

Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Chapter 544

~ MY HEART IS SMALL AND CAN ONLY ACCOMMODATE YOU ~ 

Hearing Yue Wang’s words, Mu Yunyao was slightly stunned, as if she couldn’t react in time: Have no intention of the Imperial Throne? Yue Wang had previously prepared for the battle for the throne, but now he suddenly mentioned that he did not intend to take the throne. Could it be that he knew that he might not be the Emperor’s son?

Or was there some other unforeseen event?

Seeing that Mu Yunyao did not make a sound, Yue Wang’s heart sank slightly. “Yao’er, do you wish for me to become the Emperor?”

Mu Yunyao returned to her senses and gently caressed Yue Wang’s face, “If I were to say that I wish Fourth Master to be the Emperor, would you fight for that position for me?”

“Yes!” Yue Wang nodded solemnly, “If not for your support, I would not have progressed as smoothly as I am now. As long as you wish for something, I will do my best to help you achieve it.”

Mu Yunyao’s heart slightly trembled, and she couldn’t help but raise her hand to cover Yue Wang’s eyes. An extremely complex expression flashed across her eyes. “Fourth Master, why are you so good to me?”

Yue Wang followed Mu Yunyao’s movements, closed his eyes, and the image of seeing her for the first time surfaced in his mind, “I don’t know either. Perhaps this is fate, but ever since we met each other for the first time, fate and shackles are deeply embedded there. I still remember the first time I saw you. You had to carry a medicine basket, with your entire body extremely thin and weak, like a fragile reed by a river, which will break when the wind blows. However, your eyes are as bright as the stars in the sky, and your courage is extremely great. You quietly stole the dagger that I carried around.”

“Isn’t that Fourth Master threatening me first? I didn’t take the opportunity to drug you and just stabbed you with the dagger.”

Yue Wang couldn’t help but smile, “Yeah, now that I think about it, I was quite fortunate back then.” With Yunyao’s strength, it would be easy for her to kill him then.

Mu Yunyao felt Yue Wang slightly blink his eyes. His eyelashes lightly brushed across her palm like a fan, which made her itch, “Fourth Master, can I ask why you’re not interested in the throne?”

“Because my heart is too small.” Yue Wang tilted his head, unable to see anything because her palm was covering his eyes. However, he could accurately picture Mu Yunyao’s appearance in his heart, “In Jiangnan, I saw the tragedy after the river broke the wall and flooded the city, but do you know what I was thinking at that time?”

Mu Yunyao slightly shook her head. When she thought about how Yue Wang couldn’t see it, she added, “What did Fourth Master think?”

Yue Wang’s smile slowly subsided, “Looking at those tragic situations, I feel like I should be furious. I should think about punishing the culprits for seeking justice for the people, but in reality, there is not a single ripple in my heart.”

“But Fourth Master investigated the evidence and uncovered the truth behind the Linjiang River breaking case.”

“I’m not looking for evidence for the sake of the commoners, but I want to help you get rid of Jin Wang and eliminate the hatred in your heart.”

Mu Yunyao’s fingertip slightly trembled, and Yue Wang keenly captured the subtle movements.

“Yao’er, this is why I do not intend to ascend to the throne. Imperial Father has worked hard his entire life for the Dali Dynasty and is still extremely diligent. I am unable to burden the common people as he did. Because after liking you, my eyes will never be able to accept anything else.”

Mu Yunyao retracted her hand and looked at Yue Wang with a complicated expression. His gaze was bright and determined, carrying an indomitable spirit with it. It was transparent and honest, without any hint of a lie.

Yue Wang held Mu Yunyao’s hand and placed it on his chest, letting her feel his heartbeat, “Yao’er, would you be afraid if I said that to you?”

Eunuch Cheng was the only one around for decades in the cold Palace. Yue Wang had been sitting at the threshold of the Cold Palace all day, looking up at the sky in all directions. From the first rays of dawn to the final convergence of the glow, he saw it for a whole day. Gradually, he felt that his heart was like this limited sky. There were birds, bees, and butterflies flying on it occasionally, but no trace would be left behind.

Until he met Mu Yunyao, he didn’t know why, but he just felt that she was different from others. She would imitate his handwriting, come up with some ideas for him, consider things from his point of view, and send him warm ginger tea. The more they got along, the more he couldn’t help but want to get closer. When he returned to his senses, he realized the square of the sky in his heart had already changed color.

He tightly held onto this opportunity to change himself. Whether it was his blood ties or seniority, he firmly refused to let go. He even wanted to guard her at all times, not letting her leave his sight or go to see anyone else.

Looking at Yue Wang’s nervous expression, Mu Yunyao suddenly lowered her head to press it against Yue Wang’s forehead. Her eyes sparkled with an unprecedented look, “Fourth Master said that his heart is small. How small is it?”

“I can only accommodate you.”

“All right, since Fourth Master has no intention of ascending to the throne, let’s not fight for the position of Emperor. We can still live a prosperous life without you being Emperor.”

Yue Wang was ecstatic: “Yao’er, you … You agreed?”

“Well, after thinking about it carefully, being an Emperor wasn’t good. You might have to deal with the three palaces and six courtyards to balance the officials of the previous dynasty. If there were more people like Su Yuyi in the Imperial Harem, it would be even more restless. It’s better to be a rich prince and feel freer.”

Yue Wang leaned forward against Mu Yunyao’s forehead and gently rubbed the tip of her nose. The slightly lowered laughter with a sense of crispness made Mu Yunyao blush: “Yao’er, don’t worry, even if I’m not an Emperor, I won’t allow anyone to bully you.”

Growing up alone, he was used to the conspiracies and calculations in the Imperial Harem. He knew that only when he mastered power could he be free. Yao’er likes Jiangnan and likes to see beautiful scenery. If there is no power around him, those freedoms are just a glimpse. Only when he stands in a high place can he have the ability to do whatever he wants. He wasn’t the Emperor, but he could become a powerful prince.

“I naturally believe in Fourth Master.” Many plans will have to change since Yue Wang will not become the Emperor. Since Ling Wang and Jin Wang did not have the qualifications, it was highly likely that the one who would ascend to the throne would be the impenetrable Yu Wang.

Yue Wang lightly kissed the corner of Mu Yunyao’s lips. Feeling an intense sweetness, he couldn’t help but extend his tongue to lick it.

Mu Yunyao hurriedly shrank back, the shyness in her watery eyes becoming even more intense. “It starts from passion and ends with courtesy. Fourth Master, you don’t want to cross the line.”

Yue Wang looked at Mu Yunyao with a wronged expression. He shook her hand gently, “Yao’er, come and let me hug you. I’ve been squatting here for too long, and my legs are numb. I can’t get up.”

Mu Yunyao saw that his brows frowned slightly. He didn’t seem to be faking it, so she hurriedly stepped forward to support him.

There was a smile on Yue Wang’s face as he deliberately didn’t use his strength. When Mu Yunyao tried his best and used all her strength, he suddenly stood up and used her power to retreat, directly pushing her down on the soft couch, “Yao’er, you’re powerful.”

Mu Yunyao blinked, then suddenly reached out and pinched the waist of Yue Wang, “Fourth Master, you have such thick skin!”

Yue Wang laughed and kissed Mu Yunyao on the cheek. He then quickly stood up and walked out of the hall. “Yao’er, I will return to my residence now and let Bu Xian Luo prepare the materials on your list.”

If you like what I do, please consider to donate our website to show your support, so I can try my best to update you regularly. Thank you. ☕️💕

1 comment: