Monday, September 12, 2022

Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Chapter 549

~ ASK FOR CREDIT FOR THE POISONOUS LADY ~

The Emperor turned his head to look at Grand Princess Yi De, only to discover that her face was filled with confusion, so he couldn’t help but be curious, “Let’s hear it first. I will naturally help you accomplish it if it isn’t difficult.”

“Your Majesty, the prescription Yunyao gave you for treating the plague in Jiangnan was developed by a person called the poisonous lady. Yunyao had found out by chance, and seeing that the epidemic situation in Jiangnan was urgent, I hurriedly took out the prescription. After the incident, the poisonous lady did not pursue the matter, but Yunyao felt she should be given credit.”

The Emperor looked at Mu Yunyao’s expression and slightly moved his finger. “If the medicinal formula came from the poisonous lady, then it’s all right to give her credit. You don’t have to kneel and beg for it specifically. I can see that your expression is solemn. Could there be something wrong with this poisonous lady’s identity?”

Mu Yunyao nodded, “Your Majesty’s sharp eyes are like torches. I really can’t hide anything from you. A few years ago, there was a massacre of the Han family in Yuancheng City, and the main culprit was the poisonous lady.”

“The Han family? I have some impressions. It is said that the Han family was killed by their enemies in the Jianghu, and the methods were ruthless. This poisonous lady appears cold-blooded, so why do you still want to help her ask for credit?”

“Your Majesty, the truth of the matter is not what is rumored outside. The poisonous lady poisoned the entire Han family because the young master, Han Mochen, deceived her and tricked her into developing the Han family. If he succeeded, he would seize the opportunity to obtain the mechanical blueprints of the poisonous lady’s family, the Medicine Immortal Valley. As a result, the Medicine Immortal Valley has nearly been destroyed. He imprisoned the poisonous lady, ruined her appearance, destroyed her throat, and even forcefully fed her poison. If it weren’t for the fact that the poisonous lady was so lucky, he would already be a dead person at this time.”

The Emperor frowned slightly. “Hearing what you said, although the Han family is worthy of resentment, it is ruthless to annihilate the entire family. Such a person is too dangerous.”

“Your Majesty, the poisonous lady has already changed now. While in Linjiang City, she helped save many commoners and even obtained medicinal ingredients for us. Yunyao knew that she had committed a grave sin, and although she couldn’t balance her merits and demerits, I hope Your Majesty can give her a chance to change to reform herself.”

The Emperor pondered for a moment, “Yunyao, I can ignore the Han family’s matter, but if the poisonous lady commits another murderous crime....”

“Your Majesty, right now, the poisonous lady is opening a medical clinic, so Yunyao can guarantee that she won’t do anything out of bounds.” Mu Yunyao’s gaze was clear and sincere.

The Emperor looked at her and could not help but nod, “Alright, since you’ve said so, I will show mercy and give her a chance. However, I will not let her off lightly if she kills innocent people indiscriminately again.”

“Yunyao thanks Your Majesty for his grace on behalf of the poisonous lady.”

“Get up.” When Mu Yunyao got up with a face full of joy, the Emperor couldn’t help but ask, “Offering a prescription for the treatment of the plague can be said to be a huge contribution. Don’t you think it’s a pity to give away such a contribution to someone else?”

Mu Yunyao curiously asked a question in reply, “This credit wasn’t mine in the first place, so why do I need to feel pity?”

“Haha, child, your temper is straightforward. You trust that poisonous lady, but you must be on your guard. Don’t be fooled by others.” The Emperor’s feelings towards Mu Yunyao increased. This child had independent thoughts, but it is rare to preserve a pure heart, which is worthy of being the Imperial Elder Sister’s bloodline.

“Yes, Your Majesty, please rest assured.”

Only then did the Grand Princess Yi De speak. “You have come in a hurry. Is there something important you need?”

Mu Yunyao hurriedly opened her mouth and said, “I almost forgot. Your Majesty and Grandmother, didn’t I prescribe the flower fruit tea earlier? Now there is news from Bu Xian Luo saying they found all the ingredients and managed to make some flower fruit tea. Previously, Grandmother said she wanted to taste it after listening to my prescription. Thus, I asked people to keep it immediately.”

The Emperor naturally knew about what had happened in the Imperial Harem. “Could your extremely detailed recipe be gathered?”

“Your Majesty, I did not write that prescription randomly. It truly needs to be so particular. Of course, if you are not so particular, the flower fruit tea will taste good, but things with flaws naturally cannot be sent to the Palace for the Imperial Concubine to drink.” Mu Yunyao knew her thoughts couldn’t be concealed from the Emperor’s eyes, so she chose to speak the truth.

The Emperor chuckled, “Alright, it’s Imperial Concubine De and Imperial Concubine Yue who have no sense of decency. I have no intention to blame you.”

Grand Princess Yi De pulled Mu Yunyao’s hand and said, “Since you’ve gathered some of the materials for the flower fruit tea, should I have a good taste and have someone send it over?”

“No need. The weather these days is just right, so I want to invite Grandmother to take a look at Bu Xian Luo, which is my business. Grandmother has never been there, and I’ve just finished fixing the scenery in the garden, so I’d like to invite Grandmother to give me a hand.”

“Sure, there’s nothing much to do in the Palace, so I’ll take a walk outside.”

“Yao’er, you invited your grandmother, but you still didn’t invite your granduncle?”

Mu Yunyao slightly widened her eyes as her eyes filled with joy, “Granduncle, are you going as well?”

“My health wasn’t good in the past few days, and I was often depressed. Now that I have recovered, it would be good to go for a walk.”

“That would be great. Frankly, I invited Grandmother to help me with the market. I wanted to put the flower fruit tea in Bu Xian Luo to entertain some female guests. But I was worried that those madams and ladies would not visit because of their concerns, so I thought about letting Grandmother go for a cup of tea, and no one would dare to say anything in this way. My Bu Xian Luo will be prosperous now that Granduncle is also going.”

There was a smile on the Emperor’s face as he said, “You strange girl, it turns out you have this idea. Since your grandmother and I have helped you, shouldn’t you also show some gratitude?”

Mu Yunyao thought for a moment before saying, “Mm, that’s right. I’ll give Granduncle and Grandmother 20% of the silver earned from selling the flower fruit tea, and then I’ll take 60%. How about that? Granduncle, don’t think that 20% is too small. Because the ingredients of flower fruit tea are very particular, as you can see, it takes a lot of human resources and time to collect all these things. That’s why the cost of the flower fruit tea is so high.”

“Alright, it’s a deal then. I will be waiting for my share.” It was the first time the Emperor had used such a method to earn silver taels. He felt a sense of novelty in his heart and unexpectedly looked forward to visiting Bu Xian Luo.

The next day, near noon, a carriage stopped at the side gate of Bu Xian Lu.

The shopkeeper of Bu Xian Luo was waiting at the entrance with two Si Cha. When he saw Mu Yunyao and the rest alight from the carriage, he hurriedly stepped forward to pay his respects.

Mu Yunyao explained in a soft voice, “Granduncle and Grandmother, I’ve especially instructed the shopkeeper not to let it spread too far, so I didn’t let everyone welcome me with their greetings.”

The Emperor was satisfied, so he could not help but tease, “Didn’t Yao’er want to use Granduncle and Grandmother’s reputation to recruit guests? Why didn’t you spread the news?”

If you like what I do, please consider to donate our website to show your support, so I can try my best to update you regularly. Thank you. ☕️💕

1 comment:

  1. I thought she was going to throw those 2 undeserving prince to the gallows. I didn’t expect she’d use this merit to exonerate the Poisonous Lady. Wow was I way off. 😅

    ReplyDelete