Monday, December 5, 2022

Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Chapter 556

~ THE TRUTH IS SOMETIMES NOT SO EASY TO HEAR ~ 

Hearing Mu Yunyao says he was blind, Jin Wang smirked and slowly put down his hand. “Yunyao’s character is truly straightforward.”

Mu Yunyao felt disgusted from the bottom of her heart when she heard what Jin Wang had said. Since Mu Yunyao did not respond, Jin Wang was not anxious and continued, “Imperial Father is disappointed with me, believes in those slanderous words, and wants to lock me up... The affection between father and Son for many years has not been able to exchange even the slightest bit of trust from Imperial Father to me. Why must Imperial Father bother to save me? It would be better if I just died directly!”

Mu Yunyao chuckled indifferently, “Your body and skin are given to you by your parents, yet Your Royal Highness is ready to die at every turn. Isn’t it extremely unfilial to the Emperor?”

Jin Wang couldn’t see Mu Yunyao’s expression, but he could hear her cold voice that didn’t contain any warmth. The darkness before his eyes caused his hearing to become exceptionally sharp, “Yunyao, why do you hate me so much?”

“Your Royal Highness Jin Wang must be joking. How could I hate you? I’m just speaking the truth. Of course, the truth is sometimes not so easy to hear.”

Jin Wang frowned, and the wound on his forehead caused him to gasp in pain. The Emperor and the Imperial Physicians rushed over. After some discussion on remedial measures, the Imperial Physicians reported, “Reporting to the Emperor, His Highness Jin Wang has yet to recover the congestion in his brain, making it difficult for him to see anything. We still need him to continue taking medicine and observing, hoping we can use medication to remove the blood clot slowly, and maybe there will be a chance to regain his sight.”

After the Emperor finished listening, he couldn’t help but turn to look at Jin Wang, only to discover that his expression was exceptionally calm. He didn’t have the slightest panic or anger as he said, “Do your best.”

“Yes.”

Jin Wang struggled to sit up but failed after moving a few times. “Imperial Father, I deserve death for worrying you.”

“There’s no need for that. You should recuperate well. The imperial physicians will take care of you. I will come back another day to visit.”

“Imperial Father.” A pale smile appeared on Jin Wang’s face. “From the moment I woke up, I felt particularly heavy. Have my legs been crippled as well?”

The Emperor suddenly halted his steps and hurriedly ordered the Imperial Physician to return. “What happened to Jin Wang’s leg?”

The imperial physicians went forward to examine Jin Wang’s leg but could not find anything after a long time. “Reporting to the Emperor, this subject and the others’ medical skills are shallow, so we don’t know the cause of His Highness Jin Wang’s condition …” Jin Wang has been supported to sit up as he stretched out his hand to pinch his numb legs. With a smile, he said, “Perhaps this is the punishment the heavens have given me for making Imperial Father sad, so Imperial Father shouldn’t make things difficult for the Imperial Physician. Anyway, I will be confined in my residence now, so it doesn’t matter if I have crippled legs.”

Hearing Jin Wang’s words, the Emperor felt pain in his heart, “You …. Are you blaming me?”

“This Son does not dare.” Jin Wang quickly shook his head and replied anxiously, “I only hope Imperial Father will not be angry at me again. I could be blind and paralyzed, but I didn’t want Imperial Father to ignore me. After going through the gates of death once, this Son has finally understood a lot. If Imperial Father thinks this Son is guilty, then this Son is guilty. As long as Imperial Father can keep his peace of mind and takes good care of his body, it doesn’t matter what happens to this Son.”

The Emperor’s heart trembled. Looking at the smile on Jin Wang’s face, he felt even worse than when he first heard that he had blown up the riverbank. The Emperor didn’t dare to look at him and turned to leave. “Go recuperate.”

When the Emperor left, the Imperial Physicians also hurriedly retreated.

Jin Wang gripped his palm tightly, secretly resenting in his heart. He didn’t expect that his father hadn’t even opened his mouth to exempt him from his punishment…

Mu Yunyao went to pack the medicine box and was about to leave when Jin Wang suddenly spoke up. “Yunyao, do you have a little silver bell hanging at the bottom of your scented sachet?”

Mu Yunyao lowered her gaze to the scented sachet on her waist, an indescribable meaning in her eyes. “It seems that Your Royal Highness’s hearing has indeed become sharper. With so many people walking around, Your Royal Highness can still distinguish the silver bell.”

“Can you stay and talk to me?”

“There should be nothing to say between Your Royal Highness Jin Wang and me.” Mu Yunyao carried the medicine box and walked out. After walking two steps, she heard a dull thumping sound coming from beside the bed. When she turned her head, she discovered that Jin Wang had rolled down the bed and that the palace maids were frantically trying to help him up.

The palace maid sent by Imperial Concubine Zhen to serve Jin Wang hurriedly kneeled in front of Mu Yunyao, “I beg the Princess to accompany His Royal Highness Jin Wang for a chat. His Royal Highness’ eyes cannot see right now, and his legs cannot walk, so he must feel extremely uncomfortable ….”

Mu Yunyao’s expression remained indifferent from start to finish. “His Royal Highness’ heart is in pain. Thus, immediately go and invite Imperial Concubine Zhen. I’m just a junior of Your Royal Highness, so I can’t share the pain and suffering in Your Highness’s heart.” After saying that, she went around the kneeling palace maid and left with her people.

The palace maid glared hatefully at Mu Yunyao’s figure before supporting Jin Wang. “Your Royal Highness, your servant will invite esteemed Imperial Concubine Zhen.”

“No need. With my current appearance, I don’t want Mother to see … All of you can leave now. I want to be alone. “

“But Your Royal Highness …”

“Go now!”

When the palace maids saw his anger, they could only slowly withdraw.

The room was utterly silent as Jin Wang tightly held the brocade blanket on the bed. The gentle smile on his face instantly disappeared. In its place, replaced by intense hatred. “I’m blind! I’m blind!”

Back then, when Imperial Father wanted to imprison him, in a moment of desperation, the only thing he could think of was to take advantage of the situation to advance. However, he didn’t expect the collision to damage his eyes and cause problems in his legs. Why did this happen?

Jin Wang wanted nothing more than to clench his teeth and bleed them out. He sat there motionlessly until he heard footsteps and subconsciously raised his head to look. Unfortunately, everything was pitch black, and he couldn’t see anything.

When Imperial Concubine Zhen saw him like this, she couldn’t help crying out loud, “Junjin, you …. My poor child. “

“Mother?”

“It’s me. After I heard something happened to you, I knelt and prayed for blessings day and night. Unfortunately, the heavens still didn’t pity us.”

Jin Wang gasped as if he was about to let out all the pent-up frustration in his heart. “Mother, let me ask you, how many days have I been unconscious?”

“It’s already been four days, including today.”

“Has Mu Yunyao been here these past four days?”

“Yes, after you fell unconscious, the Imperial Physicians were helpless and didn’t dare to prescribe medication. The Emperor had someone invite Mu Yunyao over to help treat your illness. In the end, she and the Imperial Physicians discussed a prescription with each other, which saved you. “As Imperial Concubine Zhen spoke, she noticed something wrong with Jin Wang’s expression, and she couldn’t help making her heart skip a beat, “Is there something wrong with the prescription?”

“I can’t say for sure either. I hurt my head, so it makes sense that there was a blood clot leading to blindness. But what about my legs? Can it be that hitting my head broke my legs?”

“You intentionally asked Mu Yunyao. Is it because you suspect that she secretly did something to you?”

If you like what I do, please donate to our website to show your support, so I can update you regularly. Thank you. ☕️💕

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are doing OK. Always looking forward to your posts. Thank you so much for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course Yunyao did something to Jin Wang’s eyes. It just can’t be proven. 😏

    Welcome back! 🥰

    ReplyDelete