Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Chapter 562

~ YUE WANG CAME TO DISRUPT THE SITUATION ~ 

After Imperial Concubine Zhen finished speaking, before Mu Yunyao could respond, Imperial Concubine Li took the lead and ridiculed, “Imperial Concubine Zhen, are you muddled? What is Princess Wenxian’s identity? She is a girl who has yet to be married and is also the granddaughter of the Grand Princess. If she takes care of Jin Wang, her Third Imperial Uncle, and this word spreads out, wouldn’t it ruin her reputation? As an elder, you have bad intentions.”

Imperial Concubine Zhen raised her eyes and looked at Imperial Concubine Li bitterly. “Imperial Concubine Elder Sister, isn’t it said that physicians have generous hearts? In the hearts of doctors, whether a man or a woman, young or old, they are all patients, so there is no need to stick to etiquette. Although Yunyao is a girl, she is a doctor, and Junjin is a patient. It is reasonable for physicians to take care of patients, and it is also good for her reputation to spread that out. That is to say, only people with dirty minds will think very complicated.”

Jin Wang wanted to get up, but after struggling for a long time, he was still unable to do so. Instead, he was covered in a cold sweat due to the weakness of his body: “Imperial Father, I am unable to move, so I cannot kowtow to you. Now that I have no worries about my life, there is no need for me to stay in Chonghua Palace to recuperate. Therefore, let me go back to my residence.”

“Junjin, do you want to die? You can’t see right now, and your legs can’t walk. There’s still someone who dares to lay a hand on you under the Emperor’s watch, and if you return to your residence, you might die within a few days. If something happens to you, how will Mother live?”

“Mother, I cannot be filial to you, but I want you and Imperial Father not to worry about me. Thus, it is better to die happily.”

The Emperor felt a headache coming on. After pondering for a moment, he looked at Mu Yunyao, “Yunyao, you’ve been staying in the Palace for the past few days. Why don’t you look after Jin Wang for a while until I investigate the matter of poisoning....” When he saw the miserable state of Jin Wang, most of the anger in his heart had disappeared, and he was particularly unbearable at this time.

The attendant entered the room and reported, “Your Majesty, His Royal Highness Yue Wang had requested an audience.”

“Yue Wang?” The Emperor looked at Mu Yunyao and was stunned in his heart. He almost forgot about her relationship with Yue Wang. If she were said to be simply Jin Wang’s junior, taking care of him wouldn’t be a big deal. But at the same time, she and Yue Wang are in love with each other. If they get married in the future, she will be his sister-in-law. If she takes care of the Third Prince, it will be an unpleasing rumor, “Let him in.”

After Yue Wang entered, he respectfully saluted and looked at Mu Yunyao after being called out by the Emperor.

“Imperial Father, when this Son heard about Third Imperial Brother’s matter, I felt dreadful. Since I don’t have much work, why not let Yunyao and I look after Third Imperial Brother.”

Imperial Concubine Li and Imperial Concubine Zhen looked over simultaneously, their hearts filled with astonishment.

They had more or less heard about the matter regarding Yue Wang and Mu Yunyao, but they weren’t clear about the attitude of the Emperor and Grand Princess Yi De, so they didn’t dare to speak up without permission. Who would have thought Yue Wang not shy away from showing his closeness to Mu Yunyao today? Isn’t he afraid that the Emperor will be angry?

The Emperor looked at Mu Yunyao. “Yunyao, what do you think?” It was a good idea, he didn’t dare to trust the imperial physician, and only Mu Yunyao was the most suitable.

“Yunyao, listen to the Emperor’s orders.”

“Alright, then you and Yue Wang will take care of Junjin first. We’ll discuss this again after we’ve investigated everything.”

“Yes.”

Imperial Concubine Li and Imperial Concubine Zhen were both surprised. Is the Emperor agreed? Could it be that the Emperor had tacitly approved their relationship?

The two leave the Chonghua Palace with grim expressions, and they secretly think that the Grand Princess Yi De is excellent to be able to do this. Even the Emperor was moved by her words.

The Chonghua Palace quieted down. Mu Yunyao looked at the palace maids waiting at the side and waved her hand, signaling them to withdraw.

The two palace maids looked hesitant. “Princess, if you need anything, feel free to tell us. We can do it on your behalf.”

Mu Yunyao sat to the side and couldn’t help but sneer when she heard this. “The two of you must have been sent by Imperial Concubine Zhen to serve, right? Is this how Imperial Concubine Zhen taught you the rules? You even dare not listen to your master’s words.”

“This servant dares not.”

“Since you don’t dare, you can just peacefully retreat. It will also save me the trouble of sending the two of you back to Imperial Concubine Zhen’s side.”

“Yes.”

The two palace maids looked hesitantly at Jin Wang, but unfortunately, he could not see them and catch their gazes.

Yue Wang walked to the side of the bed and looked at Jin Wang’s pale face, his eyes filled with indifference.

Jin Wang raised his head and looked in the direction of Yue Wang: “Is it Fourth Imperial Brother?”

“Third Imperial Brother was even able to hear my footsteps?”

“I can distinguish Yunyao’s footsteps. Right now, only the three of us are in the hall, so besides her, it’s you. In the past, when my eyes were still fine, I didn’t feel anything. Now that my eyes can’t see anything, the clarity in my head is astounding. I felt that Fourth Imperial Brother was like an unsheathed cold blade. The cold light flowed and blew the hair off. I don’t know why I would subconsciously ignore you in the past.”

Yue Wang’s voice is clear and cold:

“People always believe in their eyes. However, they do not know that their eyes are the most deceptive.”

“That’s right. Eyes are the most deceptive.” Jin Wang’s lips curved into a warm and flawless smile, “Yunyao sent all the palace maids away. What do you have to say to me?”

“I’m afraid that Your Royal Highness Jin Wang didn’t know. After being poisoned, because of the congestion and stagnation in your head, even if you use a golden needle to help you clear the acupuncture points, the toxins in your eyes have not been cleaned up. In other words, your eyes are no longer able to recover.”

Jin Wang choked his breath as his smile stiffened for a moment before returning to normal, “If that’s the case, what a pity. I had predicted many future outcomes. I even thought of failing to fight for the throne and dying without a burial. But I never expected to end up with darkness for my entire life.”

“Good and bad will always be rewarded in the end. Your Royal Highness Jin Wang should have figured it out long ago.”

Jin Wang turned his head towards Mu Yunyao and said, “Yunyao, I’m already blind. Can you tell me why you hate me so much? Back then, when I didn’t know your identity, I had heard of the Su family’s slanderous words and supported the Su family for a while. But then I learned that you are Imperial Aunt Huang’s granddaughter, and I’ve never made a move against you again. Thus, you shouldn’t hate me so much.”

Mu Yunyao lowered her eyes. Her crow feather eyelashes covered her black pupils, making it difficult to see the emotions behind them. “Your Royal Highness Jin Wang, treat this as retribution. I admire you. You know I hate you, yet you still dare to let me take care of you. Could it be that you think that with the Emperor’s orders, I won’t be able to do anything to you?”

“Imperial Father’s methods could be said to be very resourceful. If you make a move against me, he will investigate it. Besides, I have already become a cripple. You and Fourth Imperial Brother shouldn’t even bother to attack me. Because you hate me, you want me to live longer and suffer more. In contrast, if the Eldest Imperial Brother finds a chance, he will cut and root out the grass.”

Mu Yunyao and Yue Wang looked at each other and smirked, “Your Royal Highness Jin Wang is smart.”

If you like what I do, please donate to our website to show your support, so I can update you regularly. Thank you. ☕️💕

3 comments:

  1. So Lin Wang really did something to Jin Wang or did I miss something…? Man, I need to reread the past chapters. 😅

    ~ InnoVare ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's confirmation that neither of them plan to harm Jin Wang and will in fact do everything in their power to make sure he lives as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha he is the worst

    ReplyDelete