Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Chapter 575

~ PAINSTAKINGLY ~ 

Before the news of the Li family’s property investigation could be heard, Yu Wang and Min Fanghua’s wedding date was approaching.

A few days in advance, Grand Princess Yi De was invited to the Palace by the Emperor. Upon seeing the colourful brocade hanging above the main hall, her eyes couldn’t help but twitch, and a touch of relief passed through her heart. “I have seen the Emperor.”

“Imperial Elder Sister, don’t be polite.” The Emperor was reviewing the imperial edict but hurriedly put down his brush and walked down upon seeing Grand Princess Yi De. After exchanging a few pleasantries, the Emperor said, “Imperial Elder Sister, you should have seen it when you walked all the way. I want Yu Wang to get married in the Palace.”

Grand Princess Yi De followed the Emperor to a table at the side. She sighed and looked at the pastel-patterned tea cup on the table. “Does the Emperor know that today’s move will cause great trouble for Yu Wang?”

The Emperor nodded heavily. “I understand, Imperial Elder Sister. It’s just that I have no other choice. If it weren’t for Jin Wang’s imprisonment, I wouldn’t have noticed that the Li family has grown to such a scale that almost half of the courtiers in the court bow their heads to the Li family... Junyue is weak, and I owe him so much. I can’t bear to use him to fight against the Li family, so I can only let Junyu take over.”

“Marquis Wei is very loyal to the royal family. Your Majesty, it would be best to take good control of the internal affairs and not dishearten this old official’s heart.”

“I will bring Marquis Wei to the Palace and talk to him carefully so that he will understand the difficulties in my heart.” The Emperor’s heart was heavy. “I used to think everything was within my control, so I didn’t take many precautions against the Li family. In addition, Junling and Junjin had always been fighting evenly, giving me the illusion that the Li family is nothing more than that. Now that Junjin had been imprisoned, I wanted to suppress the First Prince, but I realized that my heart and strength were insufficient as the Li family’s power was revealed. I would never allow the Li family to do anything big and cause chaos in our lands!”

Grand Princess Yi De thought for a moment. “Your Majesty, the matter of Junyue and Yunyao is already certain. Ni Yun Fang and Bu Xian Luo need storefronts everywhere, especially in Bu Xian Luo, where guests come and go frequently. If you make good use of it, it will be very useful. Both of them are quick-witted so that they can help Junyu.”

She knew about the real purpose of Bu Xian Luo. However, she had to lead a clear path before the Emperor to make Bu Xian Luo develop for a long time.

The Emperor raised his head. “What does Imperial Elder Sister mean?”

“Since the Emperor wanted Junyu to marry in the Palace, you must have some thoughts in your mind, right? However, Junyu’s personality was forthright and straightforward. Marquis Wei’s family was even more upright and straightforward. Life is easy to break. If there is a blue sky and a white sun, there must be a dark night and stars, just like It was you and me back then. There are always some things that cannot be revealed.”

“Imperial Elder Sister, you want Junyue to become Junyu’s sword?”

“That’s right, Junyue’s personality is cold and decisive in the killing. Isn’t he the best sword? Besides, Junyu and Junyue have had a good relationship since they were young. The two brothers supported each other, which allowed the Dali Dynasty to go farther and farther.”

The Emperor couldn’t help but worry, “The throne in the main hall will change people. I’m worried that the longer Junyu sits in this position, the more unrecognizable he will become. When that time comes, I’m afraid that this Junyu’s blade will cut through both of them.”

“The Emperor should believe in his own children. They all have good personalities and should know their limits. Besides this, does the Emperor have a better way?”

The Emperor was silent for a long time before taking a deep breath. He then slowly exhaled. “Imperial Elder Sister, I understand.”

The Grand Princess Yi De stayed in the Palace for two hours before returning to Qinfang Garden.

In the carriage, Qu Mama waited on the side of the carriage with a puzzled look on her face. “Her Royal Highness the Grand Princess, didn’t you always support His Royal Highness Yue Wang to fight for the throne? Why does Her Royal Highness now imply to the Emperor that he should let His Royal Highness Yue Wang be used by His Royal Highness Yu Wang?”

Grand Princess Yi De slowly opened her eyes. “In the past, Junyue was completely focused on things and had no distractions. In addition, with Wei Rou’s entrustment, I wanted Junyue to become the Emperor, so I did not let down the effort that Wei Rou had put in. But now that Yao’er has fallen in love with him, Junyue’s mind has changed, so they should take a step back.”

Qu Mama nodded. “Even though the Emperor’s throne looks bright and beautiful, it’s extremely arduous. After all these years, the Emperor has been working so hard to balance the Court and Imperial Harem and to look after the territory of the Dali Dynasty that he has been unable to rest every day. Both His Royal Highness Yue Wang and the Princess had suffered a lot. It would be better if they could live a more carefree life in the following days.”

“Speaking of which, it’s also because of my selfishness. I didn’t want Yao’er to suffer any grievances, so I had no choice but to let Junyue give up that seat. However, since I do not wish for him to ascend to the throne, I will naturally use other methods to compensate for it, and I will never let them have no place to foothold.”

When Qu Mama saw the appearance of the Grand Princess, she felt very pained. “Your Royal Highness, you’ve worked so hard for so many years, so it’s time you rested well. As you’ve often said, children and grandchildren have their own blessings. His Royal Highness Yue Wang and the Princess are both sensible children. They also have their own goals and plans.”

“Even though it is easy to say, I can’t help but worry too much. As for Yanhan and Yao’er, I owe them too much. I should take advantage of the fact that I still have the energy to support and help them with their plans. When I have insufficient energy in the future, even if I want to help, I won’t be able to.”

“Your Royal Highness…”

“Alright, I was just casually saying that, but it made you feel emotional. Quickly put away the expression on your face. I will see Yao’er later. If she sees anything, she will be worried.” Grand Princess Yi De thought of Yu Wang again. “Back then, I helped Yu Wang go to the Cold Palace to meet Yue Wang. I just wanted to let Yue Wang have one more brother so he would have a reason to return to the Capital. I didn’t expect that this brotherly relationship would finally come in handy, but it’s completely different from what I had anticipated.”

“The result is still good, so the Grand Princess shouldn’t think too much.” Qu Mama couldn’t help but think of the past. At that time, His Royal Highnesses Yu Wang and Yue Wang were still young. Every time Yu Wang sneaked into the Cold Palace to check on Yue Wang, she would have the guards carefully drawn. One time, when Yu Wang was trying to climb over the walls of the Cold Palace, His Royal Highness Yu Wang almost fell. Ultimately, he could only find a way to make a hole in the wall. Thinking about it now makes people feel nostalgic.

“Hmmm.” Grand Princess Yi De sighed secretly in her heart. “In the blink of an eye, so many years have passed, and we have all grown old. Prepare a generous gift as compensation for Yu Wang.”

“Yes.”

July 26th is a good day for everything. Yu Wang’s grand wedding ceremony was held at the Mingguang Hall in the Palace. The Emperor gave an order, and all the officials congratulated him. Yu Wang, Imperial Concubine Qi, and Marquis Wei had the same scenery for a while. Mu Yunyao didn’t follow Princess Yi De into the Palace. Instead, she accepted Old Madam Chu’s invitation to go to the Min family’s residence to accompany Min Fanghua to talk.

If you like what I do, please donate to our website to show your support, so I can update you regularly. Thank you. ☕️💕

1 comment:

  1. I just hope Yu Wang won’t change. 😣

    ReplyDelete