Thursday, June 30, 2022

Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Chapter 520

~ HOOK UP WITH THE POISONOUS LADY ~ 

In the darkness, Mu Yunyao smiled when she heard this news. “Si Qin, prepare some gifts. Tomorrow, we’ll go visit His Royal Highness Jin Wang.” His Royal Highness Jin Wang was much cleverer than His Royal Highness Ling Wang.

The next day, the rain that had rained for two days finally stopped. The weather suddenly cleared up, causing all Linjiang City’s citizens to jump in joy. Qi Yun quickly took advantage of the weather to measure the water level, plan the river channel, and rectify the embankment.

After Mu Yunyao heard Liu Liang’s report about Ni Yun Fan and Bu Xian Luo, she took her gifts to visit His Royal Highness Jin Wang.

Jin Wang and Ling Wang lived in the same courtyard. When Mu Yunyao went over, Jin Wang leaned against the table and read a scroll, “Greetings, Third Imperial Uncle.”

“Yunyao is here.” Jin Wang put down the scroll in his hands and raised his head.

Mu Yunyao glanced at him and smirked. “Is Third Imperial Uncle looking at Linjiang City’s water conservancy records?”

“Yes, I went to the riverbank in person yesterday to look at it, and only then did I realize how fragile Linjiang Riverbank was. If we don’t repair the riverbank as soon as possible, it will be impossible to get through the summer flood. It concerns so many innocent people, which is really worrying.”

The smile in Mu Yunyao’s eyes intensified. “Last night, when I heard Third Imperial Uncle was injured, my heart was quite worried. I had someone boil some decoctions to nourish your body this morning, and it’s still warm. Third Imperial Uncle should hurry up and drink some.”

After Mu Yunyao finished speaking, she motioned for Si Qin to help her pour out the decoction and bring it to Jin Wang.

Jin Wang’s expression didn’t change, but his gaze wavered for a moment.

Mu Yunyao retracted her gaze, and a strong sense of mockery flashed in her heart. The person in front of her looked gentle and generous, but he was actually exceptionally petty. The decoction she sent was absolutely impossible for him to eat without repeated inspection by the Imperial Physician.

“Why didn’t Third Imperial Uncle drink the decoction? Could it be that you suspects that I’ve poisoned the medicine?” Mu Yunyao slightly turned her head with a pure smile on her face.

Jin Wang quickly asked: “What are you thinking about? I was just worried that the medicine you concocted might conflict with the prescription given by the Imperial Physician, so I didn’t drink it rashly.”

“Third Imperial Uncle, don’t worry. I’ve already asked the Imperial Physician in advance. Moreover, you said my medical skills aren’t any worse than those of the Imperial Physicians. Thus, before boiling the medicine, I naturally know if there’s any conflicts between the medicinal properties or not.”

The more Mu Yunyao said this, the more Jin Wang felt that there was something wrong with the bowl of decoction, “It’s my fault. I’ve never heard that you know medical skills, so I’ll always ignore it in the past.”

“Third Imperial Uncle, don’t you know now?” Yunyao made a sad and worried expression, “Could it be that Third Imperial Uncle still doesn’t believe me? Why don’t I have take a sip first?”

“Ah, look at me. I’ve just been overthinking. After I heard Yunyao understand medicine, I suddenly thought of a person. A few days ago, someone came to me to seek refuge, saying they had done a lot of research in medicine. I think that you two can communicate with each other. Someone, please invite the poisonous lady over.”

Mu Yunyao’s eyes moved as a smile flashed in her heart. Jin Wang must have just gathered the poisonous lady not long ago, and he had no idea how valuable what she knew would be. If Jin Wang knew, he wouldn’t definitely have let the poisonous lady come over.

Not long after, the tightly wrapped lady entered the room. Upon entering, she saw Mu Yunyao mysteriously smiling at her and immediately remembered what she had said the other day. She said she was a fox fairy and felt a chill on her back, “Greetings, Your Royal Highness Jin Wang. Greeting, Your Royal Highness Princess Wenxian.”

Mu Yunyao walked up and sized the poisonous lady up and down. “Are you the person Third Imperial Uncle mentioned, the one who has a lot of research on medical skills?”

“I do know some medical skills.” The poisonous lady only felt as if there was a hook in Mu Yunyao’s eyes. With a single glance, she could hook people’s minds.

Mu Yunyao stepped forward and held the poisonous lady’s hand, acting extremely affectionately. “There are not many women know medical skills, and even fewer who are good at it. I really didn’t think I would be able to meet a close friend like you at Third Imperial Uncle’s place. Why don’t you just follow me? We can discuss medicine with each other on a daily basis.Third Imperial Uncle, would you be reluctant to part with her?”

Jin Wang looked troubled. “This… the poisonous lady has her own thoughts, Yunyao. Whether to stay with me or follow you, she still needs to decide for herself.” Mu Yunyao’s gaze swept across the decoction in front of Jin Wang and smiled at the poisonous lady, “Alright then, I can’t force anyone and make things difficult for them. You’re called the poisonous lady, and this name is rather interesting. Third Imperial Uncle is a man. He usually thinks about Imperial Court matters, so it’s boring to stay by his side. It’s better to follow me. We, two girls, are more comfortable if together. Whenever you change your mind, come find me.”

The poisonous lady shook Mu Yunyao’s hand and said in a rough voice, “Many thanks to the Princess for taking a fancy to me.”

The smile on Mu Yunyao’s face didn’t change. “Third Imperial Uncle, I won’t disturb you any longer. I’ll be taking my leave first.”

“Mm, Yunyao, take care.”

Mu Yunyao walked out of Jin Wang’s courtyard and quickly headed to her own room. As she walked, she instructed Si Qin beside her, “Prepare three pieces of White Angelica, two pieces of Pinellia ternata, and three pieces of Panax notoginseng… grind them into powder and give them to me. Hurry up.”

“Yes.”

These medicinal ingredients are always available, so preparing them is easy. Si Qin looked at Mu Yunyao’s red and swollen fingers and could not help but feel worried, “Miss, just what is going on? Weren’t you doing well previously? Why did you pay a visit to His Royal Highness Jin Wang, causing your hand to swell to such an extent?”

“Of course, because I met an expert. But, you don’t need to worry. That person is even more uncomfortable than me.”

On the other side, the poisonous lady was soaking her hands in hot water. The numbness and itchiness in her fingers didn’t stop. Her fingers were gradually getting red and swollen like carrots. “Why isn’t this effective? I should be able to cure the poison with hot water.”

As time passed, the numbness and itchiness became obvious increasingly. In the end, the poisonous lady felt her hands no longer belonged to herself, so she directly entered Mu Yunyao’s courtyard and rushed into her room.

Si Qin and the others quickly got up to guard. Their swords were unsheathed with killing intent.

“Si Qin.” Mu Yunyao hurriedly stopped her, “It’s fine. you guys can leave first.”

“Miss…” Si Qin still couldn’t stop worrying.

Mu Yunyao shook her head and ordered them to retreat once more.

When only she and the poisonous lady left in the room, Mu Yunyao raised her eyes and smiled as she said, “ Why didn’t you get rid of the poison I gave you?”

The poisonous lady sized Mu Yunyao up. Her face was as beautiful as a hibiscus in March, and her smile was as bright as the winter sun. However, her temper was even worse than hers, and her poisoning methods were even more concealed. She walked to Mu Yunyao’s side and could not help but stretch out a pair of red, swollen hands and rub them together. “In the end, yoWhat kind of poison did you give me?”

Mu Yunyao held the poisonous lady’s hand while holding back her laughter. She took a medicinal paste mixed with rich alcohol and carefully applied it to Mu Yunyao, “A little trick and some black grass. You need to mix them with strong alcohol to remove the medicinal properties. It’s useless simply to immerse them in hot water.”

“Drunk black grass?” The poisonous lady looked at Mu Yunyao’s hand. Her fingers were white and tender, but she could still see the red and swollen marks. She couldn’t help but laugh loudly. “Haha, you’re hurting the enemy by one thousand and losing eight hundred by yourself?”

Mu Yunyao squeezed the poisonous lady’s hand with some force, causing her to scream in alarm. “So what? I won anyway.”

If you like what I do, please consider to donate our website to show your support, so I can try my best to update you regularly. Thank you. ☕️💕

1 comment:

  1. I really hope the poison lady and Yunyao become friends after this. If not, at least allies. 😖

    ReplyDelete