Monday, March 20, 2023

Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Chapter 570

~ RESTORED APPEARANCE ~

The Emperor ordered the Third Prince to be confined, and he didn’t smile for several days in the Imperial Court. The officials below only chose some praiseworthy things to report, while the others could be postponed momentarily.

The commoners, on the other hand, were in high spirits. They did not feel the depression of the Imperial Court at all.

This time, although the break-in of the Linjiang River implicated three cities, causing the deaths of many citizens, the final result was a joyous event for them. Because after this disaster, they no longer had to worry about the effects of the plague. After finding out that the recipe for the plague was submitted to the Emperor by Princess Wenxian, many commoners went to burn incense and kowtow at the gates of Ni Yun Fang. Especially in the morning, when many officials went to the Imperial Court, they purposely avoided Ni Yun Fang’s streets because there were too many commoners and tables, making it inconvenient for carriages and horses to pass.

Immediately afterward, the ten thousand people’s umbrellas from Jiangnan were delivered to the Capital. There were nine of them in total, and after they were opened, they were densely signed with people’s names, blotting out the sun and covering the sky.

The Emperor had his people place the umbrella on the square before the Golden Hall. When the officials came to the Imperial Court, they could see it with a glance and only feel their hearts tremble.

Because of the support of the people, the Emperor, who had always been in a low mood, finally smiled.

In the afternoon, Mu Yunyao got someone to transport the silver they had exchanged to the Palace.

The Emperor looked at the chests sent to him and couldn’t help but smile. “It’s only been a month, but I’ve earned so much silver?”

Mu Yunyao nodded, unable to conceal the pleased expression on her face. “Your Majesty, these 16.000 taels are for you, and the other 16.000 taels are for Grandmother. I’ve already arranged the account books. Does Your Majesty want to inspect them personally?”

“There’s no need. I naturally trust you when you do things.” The Emperor looked at the boxes of silver coins and felt a sense of novelty. “I heard that some time ago, the commoners often went to the vicinity of Ni Yun Fang to offer incense, causing those guests who wanted to buy clothes to be unable to enter. Is the situation better now?”

Hearing this, Mu Yunyao couldn’t help but frown. “Speaking of this matter, Yunyao wanted to ask the Emperor for help. Because people often gather around Ni Yun Fang, I can only close the shop temporarily. I’ve lost quite a bit of silver these days. Your Majesty, you don’t know. I’m frustrated these days. The people went to offer incense, and the whole street was covered in smoke, so they had to change their clothes along the way. I tried to persuade them several times, but they still wouldn’t listen. The clothes sold in Ni Yun Fang were all made of fiber, so no matter how beautiful they were, they would still carry the scent of smoke.

If I can’t earn silver, I will die from anxiety. “

The Emperor could not help but laugh. “Being able to be supported by the commoners, I don’t know how many people can’t ask for it. But when it comes to you, I feel the smoke is too heavy, so it seems you are too childish.”

“Your Majesty, I only want to earn silver by operating Ni Yun Fang. Of course, my reputation must be considered, but there’s no need for more. I feel that the reputations of Ni Yun Fang and Bu Xian Luo are a bit too flourishing. Your Majesty, why don’t you think of a way to suppress it? After all, both places deal in business, and it is inevitable that they will be tired of their reputation, so they will have to make a lot less silver!”

After listening to what she said, the Emperor’s little concern gradually dissipated, “It’s not necessary to suppress anymore. Your Ni Yun Fang and Bu Xian Luo have done many good deeds for the people and should be commended. In a few days, I will prepare to build a temple to record the achievements and demerits of this natural disaster, commemorate the deceased people in flood, and record the achievements of overcoming the plague so that future generations can look up.”

Mu Yunyao nodded repeatedly. “Well, in this way, the commoners won’t have to go to the front of Ni Yun Fang to burn incense.”

Hearing that she was only concerned about this, the Emperor didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. “There aren’t many political issues today. Let’s go to Yuhua Palace for dinner. I heard you’ve researched several medicinal foods in the past few days?”

“Yes, the weather is hot, so Grandmother’s appetite isn’t very good. Eating some medicinal meals can be delicious and nourishing. If the Emperor is going to eat there, then I’ll go back and prepare it and personally cook it for you to taste.”

“Alright.”

The dinner was extremely enjoyable, and the rain finally began to fall in the Imperial Court.

After half a month, the bandage on the poisonous lady’s face could finally be removed.

Mu Yunyao woke up early in the morning and insisted on personally helping the poisonous lady remove the gauze.

The poisonous lady looked slightly uncomfortable with her solemn expression. Thus, she couldn’t help but laugh and tease, “Hmph, it’s useless for you to try to please me now. I’ve already decided to stay by the side of Grand Princess Yi De. Don’t think that these little favors can bribe me.”

Mu Yunyao lowered her eyes and glanced at her, not paying much attention as she intently removed the gauze.

The poisonous lady felt that something was amiss. “Did you do something shameful? Could it be that you poisoned the medicinal materials you collected for me? Did you come here today to help me remove the gauze just to watch me disfigure myself a second time?”

Mu Yunyao curled her lips and nodded, “That’s right, I’ve even poisoned your food. Who knows, it won’t be long before you are poisoned to death.”

The poisonous lady curled her lips and pinched Mu Yunyao’s cheek. “Look what you’re capable of. Can’t I tell if I am poisoned?”

“That’s not necessarily true. I’ve been studying my medical skills hard these days, and I feel I’ve completely surpassed you.” Mu Yunyao patted her hand. “Stop messing around. I’ll use a bit of force later and pull your nose out of the way.”

The poisonous lady’s breath caught in her throat, and she finally calmed down.

Mu Yunyao opened the gauze and used a soft, wet handkerchief to clean the poisonous lady’s face. Seeing that her face was so pale that only the faint scars were left, she couldn’t help but sigh in relief.

The poisonous lady looked at her face in the bronze mirror and couldn’t help but be stunned. “I haven’t seen this face for many years. I didn’t expect... it’s still so beautiful.”

Mu Yunyao couldn’t help but roll her eyes and get someone to pour water over, “Quickly go wash up.”

The poisonous lady happily washed off the medicinal paste on her face and looked in the mirror repeatedly. “Yunyao, try out the medicinal paste I left for you. The effect is quite good.”

“Thank you for your concern.”

“Sigh, you truly do not recognize my kindness. Just look at my current skin. Even if I say I’m eighteen, people will believe me.”

“Of course, you can only look at your skin, not your face. After all, your face is ten feet thick.”

The poisonous lady snorted and touched the inconspicuous scar on her cheek. A trace of emotion flashed across her eyes, [No matter how good the medicine is, there will still be scars left after all.]

Mu Yunyao stood behind her. She was happy for her in her heart, “I’ll help you dress up and make sure you become a great beauty. Let me comb your hair first.”

Seeing Mu Yunyao’s excitement, the poisonous lady didn’t refuse. Still, after a quarter of an hour, the poisonous lady grinned at the bronze mirror: “You’re trying to take revenge on me. Look at my hair. It’s almost all combed out by you.”

Mu Yunyao looked at the hair on the rhinoceros horn comb. She quickly removed it and threw it on the ground, “Who made your hair grow like grass? Just take a look at my hair, it will be combed to the end.”

“Then I’m sorry for you.”

“Don’t be so polite...”

“I want to follow the Grand Princess ….”

“Shall I comb your hair again?”

“You. You dare to threaten me in such a way?”

If you like what I do, please donate to our website to show your support, so I can update you regularly. Thank you. ☕️💕

1 comment: